View Diary: Ryan's 'Roadmap' eviscerated (72 comments)

•  Why am I only hearing about this now? (12+ / 0-)

Why isn't the Democratic party putting this before the eyes of the public on a daily basis?

You don't have to exaggerate or embellish.  All you have to do is tell the truth.

Why isn't even MSNBC awake?

Maybe it's time for Michael Moore to make a futuristic movie about the dystopian society this would (will?) spawn.

The community of fools might be small if it were not such an accomplished proselytizer.

by ZedMont on Fri Jan 21, 2011 at 06:57:09 AM PST

•  Wake Up call to Dems as well (3+ / 0-)
      semiot, The Nose, tonyahky

In October 2009, on Charlie Rose's show, Speaker Pelosi floated a national sales tax similar to the one Ryan embraces.  Later, Podesta, Roger Altman (Evercore), Ezekiel Emanuel and other Dems have also floated a national sales tax.

Under no circumstances can we Dems formally propose a regressive national tax.

But, to answer your question regarding why some Dems haven't vilified Ryan's proposal, the answer is that, regrettably, some Dems support components of it.

Learn about Centrist Economics, learn about Robert Rubin's Hamilton Project. http://www1.hamiltonproject.org/es/hamilton/hamilton_hp.htm

by PatriciaVa on Fri Jan 21, 2011 at 07:01:35 AM PST

•  Media (0+ / 0-)

Many things stated by Dems are never heard because the media choose to ignore....

If only they were doing their job!

•  you're just hearing about this now? (1+ / 0-)
      Meteor Blades

It was all over the news and this blog when Ryan first came out with his plan. Not to mention dozens of diaries here at Dkos since last July, when Ryan first released it.

How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove and doesn't have that dangerous beak. Jack Handey

by skohayes on Fri Jan 21, 2011 at 07:18:02 AM PST

•  Whether or not he heard about it now for the (2+ / 0-)
        Odysseus, The Nose

first time, the rest of his comment stands.  The Dems should be using this constantly against Pubs.

•  The briefing paper subject of Meteor Blades' (1+ / 0-)
        skohayes

diary is only two days old.  For whatever reason, this is the first diary about this that has made an impression on me.  It's possible that I skipped reading about the roadmap earlier, assuming it was run of the mill Republican busy work.  I was not aware of the extent to which they had outed themselves.

Now, why would I skip reading about something this dramatic?  Maybe I was too busy reading "I'm a more progressive progressive than you are" diaries or maybe the "If you're not an atheist like me you're a naive imbecile" diaries.

Or maybe I'm just plain too stupid to sort out the really important stuff.  Also.

by ZedMont on Fri Jan 21, 2011 at 10:52:51 AM PST

•  p.s., skohayes, I'm assuming you intended to link (1+ / 0-)
          skohayes

one of the earlier diaries I missed.  Your link is to the present diary.

by ZedMont on Fri Jan 21, 2011 at 10:55:29 AM PST

•  I'm sorry, did NOT mean to imply (2+ / 0-)
          mos1133, ZedMont

you are stupid!
          Anyway, the link above that I posted is to the diary list for the tag: Paul Ryan (MB's is the first of many, just scroll down).
          I posted it so you could get more information.
          Once again, my apologies.
          Here's a graph Paul Ryan presented (completely pulled out of his a$$, of course) on Obama's budget versus his:

title=

by skohayes on Fri Jan 21, 2011 at 11:15:44 AM PST

•  You don't have to apologize to me, although it is (1+ / 0-)
            skohayes

very nice of you to do so.  I knew you didn't mean anything pejorative.  It's just that, when given the opening,  I can't pass up the opportunity to be a wise-ass.  lol

Thanks for pointing out the scroll.

by ZedMont on Fri Jan 21, 2011 at 12:09:00 PM PST