View Diary: RKBA: A Terrible Act of Domestic Terrorism (368 comments)

•  How effective does it have to be? (0+ / 0-)

How many lives have to be saved?  One?  Six?  Ten?

Answer: No answer is required.  High capacity magazines are a right.

Everyone look away.

Nobody ever bombed a pro-life office.

by Inland on Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 07:42:49 AM PST

•  that's right, they are.... (3+ / 0-)
      gerrilea, fizziks, theatre goon

.... I have the right to possess any item I want that does not harm my neighbor.  My possession of a non-neutered magazine harms no one.

Why don't you start acting like the Progressive that you think you are and ask yourself why our mental health care system utterly failed this individual?  I think you'll find that fixing that broken system will save far more lives then a ban on non-neutered firearms magazines.

There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap box, ballot box, jury box and ammo box. Use in that order.

by Crookshanks on Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 07:53:52 AM PST

•  And your neighbors... not in Tucson. (0+ / 0-)

They aren't harmed at all, yet, and when they are, they'll be a bunch of people demanding certainty that the high capacity magazine caused it.

Because we need that sort of certainty before abridging the human right to high capacity magazines.

Nobody ever bombed a pro-life office.

by Inland on Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 07:59:31 AM PST

•  the mentally unbalanced individual caused it (5+ / 0-)

Why you have to affix your blame to an inanimate object when there is a living breathing human being that used said object to commit evil is beyond me.

This guy should have received mental health care treatment ages ago.  If he had six people would still be alive and he'd be a free man instead of destined for death row.  Why don't you direct your bile towards the failure of our social safety net to save him instead of directing it at the millions of non-neutered magazines that have never been used to harm anything but game animals and paper targets?

by Crookshanks on Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 08:02:53 AM PST

•  Not about inanimate objects, it's about rights (1+ / 0-)
            Miss Blue

and the blessed freedom that are secured by people exercising those rights to possess and use those objects.

Trying to downgrade magazines into "objects" as if they were merely things like cars or explosives or poisons or money or homes or children or nuclear arms that the govenrment has a right to control is degrading and probably the first step to fascism.

They aren't just things.  They are the sine qua non of freedom, different from anything else.

Nobody ever bombed a pro-life office.

by Inland on Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 08:13:36 AM PST

•  go away troll (0+ / 0-)

by Crookshanks on Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 08:17:30 AM PST

•  You have no basis for labelling (1+ / 0-)
                Miss Blue

Inland as a troll. He is disagreeing with you in a respectful way. He has no history of trolling or being a troll.

Stop the abusive namecalling.

•  I'll call him whatever the hell I want (1+ / 0-)
                  gerrilea

... and he is being a troll.  He is attacking the motivations of the people who put up this diary.  He has put words in my mouth and attempted to stereotype me.

I don't care what is "history" consists of, in this particular conversation he's being a troll.

If you think my "name calling" is "abusive" then I suggest you HR me, though I rather suspect that such an HR won't stand and even if it does could care less.

by Crookshanks on Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 08:34:28 AM PST

•  Not without donuts you won't (1+ / 0-)
                    Miss Blue

You have no special entitlement to breaking the rules here.

And yes, you can count on me donutting any baseless namecalling by you in the future.

If you disagree, take it up with meteor blades.

•  as I said, it's not baseless (1+ / 0-)
                      gerrilea

..... and donut away, as I said, I could care less.

by Crookshanks on Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 08:38:32 AM PST