View Diary: RKBA: A Terrible Act of Domestic Terrorism (368 comments)

•  Oh, you again (0+ / 0-)

Well not all people agree with me.

I'll just go in the corner and sulk.

Isn't it funny how the battle in this country is always between the majority - who claim all should follow them and everyone else can fuck off - and the minority that can only take being told to fuck off so many times before they pick up a rock and start the revolution.

You've played both sides of the coin, as a smoker you're part of a minority that swings a pretty heavy club so that you not be squeezed out.

So forgive me if I swing mine.

Yes, many Democrats support the 2nd Amendment.

Now, did you address anything I said about the simple mindedness of the single issue voter?

?

George Orwell is banging on the lid of his coffin and screaming, "1984 was a cautionary tale, you dolts, not a motivational speech!"

by snafubar on Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 10:32:41 AM PST

•  I addressed your initial point. (2+ / 0-)

The one in which you stated you don't understand why gun control equals lost elections.

I'm sorry that it wasn't the answer you wanted, but it is the essence of what you were referring to.  None of the rest of what you're going on about has anything to do with that point.

I certainly have no idea why you would bring smokers into this, or how I have supposedly "played both sides of the coin."

I guess you don't want to address the actual core of the issue -- that all Democrats don't agree with you, and that is why gun control is a losing proposition.

•  funny though that if the Democratic platform (0+ / 0-)

is and has been for years for gun control, you're basically saying that the Democratic party has to sacrifice it's platform or lose votes...votes that would be ostensibly good for, oh, I dunno, supporting it's platform.

If there are not a lot of monks signing up for the monastary, I guess they can say they will hide a few whores behind the pulpit and see if that brings in a few extra converts.

My issue long ago in this thread is how catering to single-issue voters is what is splintering the Right (which we seem to think is a good thing) and then somehow we go blind when it happens in our own campl

We either have a platform or we don't, but to cut out parts of the platform that keep voters A-P so that we don't lose voters Q-Z seems like we're going to have to do something to keep from losing voters A-P again, and....

the single issue voter is the problem, catering to them is a zero-sum proposition.

And you said some pretty pointed things to me in years past, I'm glad you forgot them, but the fact your name has "goon' in it is quite appropriate. It's sad that you'd lay that kind of animosity on a person and then forget you did it. It was over smoking, as a matter of fact it was in concert with a guy named Mark27 who was another Henny Penny suggesting that we were going to lose votes by standing on that issue.

Either way you can both get your own grip - like with him, I have said again in this thread, I don't favor legislation to curb gun problems; gun owners are as addicted as heroin addicts and alcholics and smokers - the law is not going to change the hard core users.

But we don't have to glorify and celebrate guns like we wouldn't be the nation we are if we did not have them. One might think if we're bragging to all the world about being hte "Greatest Nation In The WOrld" that maybe in such a place a person wouldn't need a gun to feel secure.

So let's all carve up the Democratic platform so that a major issue now looks like the Republican platofrm.

Great Idea! ANd people are giving Obama shit for catering to Republicans.

Hmmmm....

I don't give a fuck who agrees with me, as long as you idiots don't get all "I WIN" when I don't agree with you either. I don't expect to win, but I will not just lay down and shut up so you don't have to hear that someone disagrees.

This is the core of our problem

I understand people don't agree

But when one guy stands up and raises his own glove in the air and declares himself a winner, I will not stand here and let him think that he's going to label me as the only guy in the room who doesn't get it.

Let me know, by the way, since I'm all wet, when the Democratic party just lets go of gun control since it's such a loser for us.

Then offer up your ideas for getting back all the voters you lost by doing that.

by snafubar on Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 01:58:58 PM PST

•  Wrong on a few points. (1+ / 0-)
          KVoimakas

The only comments I make about smoking are in the GUS threads, where I discuss quitting the nicotine habit.  That being the case, you clearly have me confused with someone else.

...gun owners are as addicted as heroin addicts and alcholics and smokers...

This is simply untrue, and the fact that you would push such a claim means either that you have no interest in real discussion on the subject, or are so completely mislead on it that there is no real point in discussing it with you.  It is, simply put, nonsense.

How about in 2010, when even though there was a mention of gun control in the official party platform, no one actually ran on that, and we won.  How 'bout that?  Don't even need to bring back any voters.

And exactly what you're going on about with this "I win" thing is pretty puzzling.  It has nothing to do with the rest of the conversation.

•  I don't have you confused with anyone. (0+ / 0-)

You're counting on the fact the diary is deleted, but if you really want to chomp on your own ass, I'll prove to you that the comments are not gone.

And the very fact you're still here berating me is precisely the proof of my point.

You think you have some claim to me that I'm all wet, I disagree.

Do you really expect me to fall to my knees and kiss your ring and beg your forgiveness? Or would a goon have other methods?

I don't agree.

Now you can make all kinds of comments about my character, but if you  are so astute and aware, my anger is a reaction to you right now because you seem to think I'm under some obligation to capitulate to you.

I'm not.

What precisely do you plan to do next?

I don't agree with you.

Look - I don't know how or where you get the idea that you can say "this is simply untrue" about guns or heroin or smoking. ON what grounds do you say that the fervor over those three issues is not equal or worse, and why is the obligation mine to prove that it is?

Seriously - "you can take my gun from my cold dead hands" is not as hyperbolic, melodramatic and threatening as a person who's addicted who will sacrifice their job, their family and all manner of other things?

You really did forget how we first met - I watched my dad go through more horror than I can ever hope be visited on the people I really think deserve it to keep smoking. Now let's look at the string of guys with guns lately who decided that after their next-to last act of homicide they'd commit suicide with the last shot or face the consequences of the penal system.

I think I can make a pretty good case.

What do you have?

I guess all those youtube videos from the Wyandotte OK "Full Auto Shoot" are manufactured cgi from some namby-pamby liberal who - I can't understand why - you're on a liberal site with a bunch of who think that gun control is an issue worth standing up for.

You're really asking that the platform of the Democratic party be changed, so why don't you quit spitting on some guy who you think is so far off base - why could he be worth it unless it's personal - and get on up to Kos, or Pelosi or Obama and make your case to change the Democratic platform to give up on gun control.

Wrestling down here with me in the mud isn't going to get you what you want, and I'll stay here until we burn the place down.

That's what you forgot about last time, but hey, I guess that's your program.

Now if it isn't personal, I suggest you let go of it because I'm just wrong, and since everyone knows that but me, you've done your job.

I look forward to your diary explaining how the Democratic party will gain votes and power by giving up gun control so that there be NO party left which thinks it's a good idea.

Seriously - for all your ad hominem about who i am and what I'm about - I'll actually wait for this one, or you're all bluster and no substance.

by snafubar on Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 02:49:19 PM PST

•  Clearly your reality is your own. (1+ / 0-)
              KVoimakas

It has nothing to do with the one the rest of us live in.

That being the case, my discussion with you on this subject is now done -- and if I do happen to recall your nick in the future, I won't waste any time engaging you at that time, either.

Have a lovely evening.

•  Is it just me... (2+ / 0-)
                KVoimakas, theatre goon

or did anyone else loose the drift by her/his fourth paragraph.

•  My response (1+ / 0-)
                  theatre goon

tl;dr

at least for that user.

(RKBA) Right to Keep and Bear Arms: interested in a DKos RKBA group? Email in profile. Share Our Wealth

by KVoimakas on Thu Jan 13, 2011 at 02:56:23 AM PST

•  Ah yes, another second grade insult (0+ / 0-)

this time in pig latin

My main thrust on this site since I started posting here is how fascinating it is for some people to get so indignant that others just won't concede and shut up when you declare them to be wrong - you being the same people who would defend your right to hold your point of view no matter what. As a matter of opinion it should stand alone, right?

Otherwise, if your point of view is based on demonstrable fact and a provable thesis, you really are wasting your time berating and disparaging me personally - you should be posting diaries and gathering petitions to change the party platform

and test your theory.

Unless you don't believe in it yourselves.

You don't need to prove anything to me - I'm an anonymous nobody with no friends and no influence, who's oversensitive, volitile, and reactionary. Who would waste their time on me, unless you just do it for sport.

And yet, while you all trash me, I'll keep my eyes out for the RBKA'er diary series protesting Daily Kos and the Democratic party at large into abandoning support for gun control - since you have all the data and some other proof that doing so will bring in so many votes that it will somehow overcome the ones lost.

My point all along is that it is the RBKA'ers, who like the Republicans are catering to a single-issue voter block to the expense of all others. If the Democratic party switches from it's current stand on gun control to the same one that the Republicans has, that is an entire block of voters - who if they're single issue gun control voters - have no party at all; and if you are catering to the voters who are Republican on 2nd Amendment grounds, how many of those are NOT single issue voters who are going to stay Republican over abortion, religion, tax cuts, social programs.

Nobody here has yet to explain to me how this will be a net gain for the party you ostensibly support .
                    but if it makes you think that you're such the better person just because you claim to be, then you've got another diary series on your hands, because you've taken no responsibility for what happens when a guy who you insist has so many problems - perhaps he's unstable or troubled -

I'll go back to the "lower than whale shit" status that somebody else in this thread has dictated for me and leave you be.

The playground in second grade had more diplomacy.

Ah yes, a site designed to promote community so that together we may have more collective influence than we would alone, bent on splintering itself with invective and pejorative insults.

Good to be a member of your voting public, guys.

by snafubar on Thu Jan 13, 2011 at 09:09:50 AM PST

•  Actually, it wasn't an insult. (0+ / 0-)

You've so much stunned me with your brilliance and wit, I've decided that anything you say must be right and I can't ever do anything contrary to what you say.

So I won't read it.

</snark>

by KVoimakas on Thu Jan 13, 2011 at 09:29:29 AM PST

•  thanks for proving my point (0+ / 0-)

if you logged on just to drop that on the sidewalk, then you best get a pet you can beat up on and hope it doesn't jump the fence.

Really - still never addressed any of the party platform issues I made, but took another cheap shot at me as a person.

There has to be a second grade lunchroom somewhere with an empty chair.

You just admitted that you threw that last comment for your own amusement - so where is this higher ground that you hold which I can only aspire to?

When precisely do you actually rise to it?

by snafubar on Thu Jan 13, 2011 at 06:17:11 PM PST

•  I was not trying to be snarky. Well, not much. (1+ / 0-)
                      KVoimakas

I honestly did not discern a point or message to your post.

•  you can lose anything you want if you (0+ / 0-)

aren't trying to find it in the first place.

by snafubar on Sun Jan 16, 2011 at 12:33:30 PM PST

•  And so insulting me personally is your (0+ / 0-)

only way out.