View Diary: Gulf Watchers -Crisis in Egypt to spur Return to Drilling? - BP Catastrophe AUV #466 (53 comments)

•  Oh, 'nana, I'm so sorry I'm a day late... (6+ / 0-)

and a dollar short.  (Heh -- would it were only a dollar.)

Bad couple of days here.  My old pooch is in the hospital, and I've been able to cope with little else.

This is a terrific diary; great spread of stories.

"Institutional racism doesn't require intent. It's more like inertia." --blindyone

by Yasuragi on Tue Feb 01, 2011 at 06:37:42 AM PST

•  {{{Yas}}} (5+ / 0-)
      peraspera, JanL, Yasuragi, DawnN, Lorinda Pike

Hugs to you and the pooch. So hard to know what to do when they are in pain. We'll all be thinking of you and sending good energy!

•  Nana - sorry to race in and out yesterday (4+ / 0-)

without saying "so good to see" and "great job" - which is all true.

Great articles. Wondered when the NA's would finally be noticed - and still wonder if it will be a good or a bad thing for them, the way things are going.

I left comments in my head rather than here, which I'm berated for (in a good way) by Yas. I'll be a better GWer in future, I promise. And it sounds like some of us need to find a corner for a sock yarn chat.

Hugs.

We are to hold fast to what we believe is right, fight for it, and find allies....We become a nucleus ..... - David Brower

by DawnN on Tue Feb 01, 2011 at 12:22:47 PM PST

•  Hugs to both of you (6+ / 0-)

Not much else I can say, I know a little about what you're going through.  :(
      Hang in there, sending good warm healthy energy for both of you.
      XO

Think what you are doing today. -Fred Rogers

by JanL on Tue Feb 01, 2011 at 11:54:48 AM PST

•  Thank you, JanL. (5+ / 0-)

Done now.  Over.

He was ready to go.  And, given how awful a decision that is, it went as well as it could have.  Quite peaceful.

Thank you, sweetie.  And thank you shanesnana, too, for your empathy.

by Yasuragi on Tue Feb 01, 2011 at 01:46:10 PM PST

•  Oh, sweetie... (3+ / 0-)
          JanL, Yasuragi, shanesnana

(((((((((((((Yasuragi)))))))))))))

(-7.62/-7.90) .....It was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep... Gimli in Moria, JRR Tolkien

by Lorinda Pike on Tue Feb 01, 2011 at 04:58:36 PM PST

•  I am so sorry :(( (3+ / 0-)
          Yasuragi, Lorinda Pike, shanesnana

Blog hugs to you, honey. I know this is dreadful hard.
          xo

Think what you are doing today. -Fred Rogers

by JanL on Tue Feb 01, 2011 at 05:22:37 PM PST

•  I am crying for you, my friend. (3+ / 0-)
          Yasuragi, Lorinda Pike, shanesnana

It's just so damn hard, every time. Bless that beastie's spirit a thousand times over.

War does not determine who is right--only who is left. Bertrand Russell

by ursoklevar on Tue Feb 01, 2011 at 05:48:01 PM PST

•  Thank you, LP, JanL, and urso. You're (3+ / 0-)
            ursoklevar, Lorinda Pike, shanesnana

wonderful.

It flat-out sucks.  I've always maintained that death was a really badly thought-out concept.  Nature should have better imagination than that.

I think it was as hard watching his fairly sudden decline as it was today.  But he handled each loss of quality with such grace and determination.

Today he really had had it.  I'm so grateful I don't have any doubts about whether it was the right decision.  He'd lost all function in his back legs on Saturday, and we thought it was just an injury that would heal and not the supposedly slow-advancing neurological problem he'd been having, but he never did get it back.

He was very... emotional, I guess is the best way to describe it, when I visited him yesterday.  Today he had just given up.

He was a magnificent dog.  Beautiful, magical.  People responded to him like they were seeing an other-worldly creature.  And he did wonderful things.  Visited the old folks here at the senior center, who all loved him.  Cured (I've lost count, but at least) eight different people, just through their meeting him, of their abject terror of dogs.

An amazing beast.  Wish you all could have known him.  He was truly one in millions.

Thank you all for your kindness.  You're a wonderful bunch of people.

by Yasuragi on Tue Feb 01, 2011 at 08:46:13 PM PST