View Diary: Stealers cheating in the NFL - video evidence (144 comments)

•  F#@K the Steelers. Dan Rooney's leanings (4+ / 0-)
    notwithstanding.  Those motherfuckers beat my Seahawks in the 2006 Superbowl.  I cannot forgive.

_"George, when I want your opinion I'll give it to you!" -Dick Cheney 2002_

by oopsaDaisy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 at 11:55:15 AM PST

•  At least you have the Mariners (3+ / 0-)
      freelunch, DaNang65, oopsaDaisy

On second thought ...

•  Packers - Bears will be a great game, but (6+ / 0-)

had the Seahawks won, that would have given the Pack the chance to beat three raptor teams in a row.

Time to strip citizenship from treacherous immigrants like Rupert Murdoch

by freelunch on Mon Jan 17, 2011 at 12:12:57 PM PST

•  Ooooh... Myyy.... God! (2+ / 0-)
      Pennsylvanian, vcmvo2

I too am a major Seahawks fan and the bitterness of the 06 superbowl is still with me bigtime.  We (I know I'm not on the team, but year after year of rooting for them through good times and bad gives me the right by gum) went into Detroit with the crowd against us, the media all trumpeting about 'one for the thumb' and would have won that game if not for some horrible officiating.  It was so bad that the lead official  admitted to the error of his ways and said he had lost sleep over the calls he made in the 4th quarter.  The two calls he felt badly about were actually about 1/4 of the calls which went against the Seahawks and completely shut down an amazing offense.  The Rothlesberger "touchdown" at the end of the 2nd quarter was a complete travesty, the phantom p/i call taking away a touchdown in the 1st quarter...  well, suffice to say I'm still bitter about the whole situation.

I am the neo-con nightmare, I am a liberal with the facts.

by bhfrik on Mon Jan 17, 2011 at 12:31:31 PM PST

•  I'm right there wif you, bhfrik. (2+ / 0-)
        Pennsylvanian, bhfrik
        That was the worst officiating ever caught on tape for a Superbowl with no possibility of appeal.  We're all sick, "by gum"

_"George, when I want your opinion I'll give it to you!" -Dick Cheney 2002_

by oopsaDaisy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 at 12:40:18 PM PST

•  But it is the officials and not the teams... (1+ / 0-)
        tobendaro

that make the calls.  Yeah, there were some fucked up calls in that game, and in games since.  The officiating has been questionable this year in a lot of ways, but this diarist is completely unhinged.  Benefiting from a bad/good spot isn't cheating.  Nor is benefiting from a bad penalty call.  What the Patriots did by secretly taping opposing teams and coaches - that was cheating.

I do hope that the officiating improves, but we all know that the first rule of the NFL is that you don't criticize the NFL, so the discussion on the crappy officiating can never happen in any mainstream way because the NFL controls anyone who could bring it up with any authority.

So the calls are like the weather - you get what you get.  Some days you are the pigeon, some the statue.

"When people show you who they really are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

by Pennsylvanian on Mon Jan 17, 2011 at 12:45:18 PM PST

•  You thinks officiating sucks in the NFL.. (1+ / 0-)
          Pennsylvanian

... try the NHL.  Hockey officiating can really be maddening.  (Granted, the action is pretty much non-stop and they have a hard job but, holey-moley, they make an awfully lot of bad calls.  Thank doG for Toronto.)

Have you ever stopped to think and then forgot to start again?

by figbash on Mon Jan 17, 2011 at 01:14:39 PM PST

•  at least you have the Supersonics (2+ / 0-)
      frankzappatista, nickrud

sincerely, a friend from Portland.

"They're all crooks!" - Shahryar