View Diary: Abbreviated Pundit Round-up (66 comments)

•  Bush revisionism and self-justification (0+ / 0-)

Gee Dem, weren't you accusing me just the other day of not being happy with anything ever, no matter what?

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Mon Feb 07, 2011 at 06:11:13 AM PST

•  there are things worth being unhappy about (0+ / 0-)

my point to you was your generic dislike of de4mocrats. I have specific, not generic, issues with Bush, some related to his mideast policy.

Here's what he did right (so as not to be mindless kneejerk):

1. approach to immigration
      1. PEPFAR
      1. flu prep
      1. the compassionate part of compassionate conservatism

The list of what he did wrong is actually pretty long.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

by Greg Dworkin on Mon Feb 07, 2011 at 07:52:03 AM PST

•  Honest is as honest does. (1+ / 0-)
        DemFromCT

I believe that I am generally very specific about the things I dislike.

I've also repeatedly expressed my respect for -- even liking of -- Joe Biden, who ** GASP! ** is a Democrat.

For that matter, I'm also more kind in my expressions towards President Obama than at least half the posters to this site.

However, Democrats have, in my not remotely humble opinion, have screwed up quite a bit and a mountain of Republican screwups in insufficient reason to look the other way.

You are more than welcome to disagree.  I both expect and respect that.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Mon Feb 07, 2011 at 07:39:21 PM PST

•  I accept that! (0+ / 0-)

I just don't get the thinking:

Dems: stimulus, TARP, stabilization of economy, extend unemployment benefits, but job market still hurting

Republicans: repeal health reform (HR 2) and the jobs it creates - and blow a hole in the bidget, outlaw abortion (HR 3)

to say they are the same, no difference? Nah. Not hardly. Not a rational conclusion.

And yeah, I love Joe Biden.

by Greg Dworkin on Tue Feb 08, 2011 at 04:54:43 AM PST

•  The problem with a laundry list is that it (0+ / 0-)

doesn't say much about whether you would actually want to wear the clothes.

Points to you for using the term "health reform" instead of the dishonest health care reform.

And I've never said Democrats and Republicans are the same, except at the level of being politicians. Different agendas, different groups of special interests to serve (except for Wall Street, which seems to be on everybody's list).

What I have said is we seem to be screwed either way.

To be honest, I think better Republicans would make for better Democrats, too. Serious opposition parties challenge each other and make them work harder to achieve a common (one hopes) goal.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Tue Feb 08, 2011 at 09:00:27 AM PST

•  PS I am looking forward (0+ / 0-)

to being happy about something republicans do.

It'll have to be more than just say no.

by Greg Dworkin on Tue Feb 08, 2011 at 04:59:55 AM PST