View Diary: HBGary: Don't let this story die, it's big. (258 comments)

•  i just set a group up for you (2+ / 0-)

trying to send you an "invite" now... even though it's your work. I didn't want anyone else to take the name.

Unfortunately, the "invite message" in the internal system here isn't working right now... or maybe you will get 3 or 4 invites. I keep trying to send it.

Anyway, Wikileaks Informationthread was established as a group for you. But, it's your body work, so my name needs to be remove as admin and insert you in there.

We can cancel the group if necessary and you can set up whatever name you want to use.

Our... constitutional heritage rebels at the thought of giving government the power to control men's minds. Thurgood Marshall

by bronte17 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 at 07:28:21 AM PST

•  ty. I accepted the invite (1+ / 0-)
      BeninSC

but am having issues recing comments and actually posting comments at the moment.

let me know how we change the admin for the group.

"Sad songs are nature's onions."-Mr. Show

by cedar park on Sun Feb 13, 2011 at 07:42:33 AM PST

•  can you hang here for just a moment (3+ / 0-)
        BeninSC, daysey, cedar park

i finally see the message in there, but the site is slow right now.

I'm going to change you to blog admin and remove myself.

but can you watch here for updates from me in case something goes wrong?

by bronte17 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 at 07:47:26 AM PST

•  okay... it's done. (1+ / 0-)
        cedar park

You should now be the Blog Admin for Wikileaks Informationthread.

I am just a member now and follow you and the diaries of this group.

If you want others to find your diaries, then "invitations" need to be sent out to the people who followed you over at dk3.  So they can become "members" and follow your work.

And, btw... if you wanted to change the name... it can't be done.  You will have to create an entire new group with the name that you want it to be. But, you had used Wikileaks Informationthread as the subject line for your work, so I kept it at that.

by bronte17 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 at 07:51:40 AM PST

•  awesome. ty for starting it for us! (2+ / 0-)
          bronte17, temptxan

I can't rec comments right now for some reason. I'm sure bugs are running this place right now.

"Sad songs are nature's onions."-Mr. Show

by cedar park on Sun Feb 13, 2011 at 08:08:15 AM PST

•  yeah... it's slow right now (1+ / 0-)
            cedar park

anyway here is a link to a diary on groups and how to do stuff. I also copied some info from the beta before it went offline.

Anyway, it's all new so it will be trial and error as to how to get things working around here. I just wanted to make sure that your Wikileaks diary work gets a good liftoff.

by bronte17 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 at 08:21:59 AM PST

•  last word... just sent the group an email (1+ / 0-)
            cedar park

with info on "following versus joining."

It looks like... to me -if my reading comprehension is decent... that you don't need to send out invitations to people to "join" the Wikileaks Informationthread group. That would give them editing abilities over your diaries.

They just need to click on the heart beside the group name and they can follow the diaries from your group and find the diaries that you post.

by bronte17 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 at 08:55:30 AM PST