View Diary: AFL-CIO poll: Scott Walker overreaching in WI, respondents side with unions (88 comments)

•  actually, the difference (0+ / 0-)

between public and private sector unions is pretty pronounced.

i am a firm believer in ensuring that private sector workers are rewarded with a fair share of the profits and are protected against corporate tyranny.

i do not feel the same way about the public sector unions. the additional cost and unwieldy machinations make them quite undesirable in the public sector. plus, who are the unions really protecting them from? us?

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." -John Adams

by rcnewton on Tue Feb 22, 2011 at 07:26:24 AM PST

•  Okay (0+ / 0-)

Got it.  Your position is clear.  You believe something.  Where is your evidence supporting your assertions?

People rarely read the comments at the bottom of a thread.

by stewarjt on Tue Feb 22, 2011 at 07:27:39 AM PST

•  i make no assertions. (0+ / 0-)

i am expressing my opinion.  get with the program.

by rcnewton on Tue Feb 22, 2011 at 07:30:17 AM PST

•  Well (0+ / 0-)

If you believe something such as "it's a tough argument to make when you pit the taxpayer against the worker who has better benefits and salary than you do," then you must have reasons and evidence supporting your conclusion, right?

Otherwise you're just an ideologue who doesn't know why s/he believes anything and yes, that includes your opinions.

People rarely read the comments at the bottom of a thread.

by stewarjt on Tue Feb 22, 2011 at 07:39:44 AM PST

•  perhaps it's that the teachers and bureaucrats (0+ / 0-)

make more and get way better benefits than i do doing considerably less work despite my advanced degree and substantive experience?

your presumption of my knowledge, and why i make my decisions is amusing.

that would me like me calling you a union thug here to bust the chops of anyone who isn't in complete agreement but without any data. go you. i didn't know that enforcing the union line was your job...

by rcnewton on Tue Feb 22, 2011 at 07:51:59 AM PST

•  Wow (0+ / 0-)

get that straight off of fox or while you were reading redstate?

Teachers are horrendously underpaid. Their degree is harder to get than a Computer science degree and they make about HALF what a systems analyst /programmer can make. And as for beauracrats you obviously dont know anything about what government workers are paid or what they do.

You seem to be filling this thread with disinformation straight out of fox and your assumptions. Please educate yourself if you're going to speak on issues.

Fuck 'em. by Troubadour