View Diary: Haven't Heard About Revolution In China? There IS A Reason (181 comments)

•  China is without a doubt the world's (0+ / 0-)

greatest danger to democracy.

"And now we know that government by organized money is just as dangerous as government by organized mob." -- FDR

by Mogolori on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 10:01:14 AM PST

•  How so. (0+ / 0-)

Care to elaborate in detial, I'd be interested because it's inreasingly a topic of public disussion these days.

I don't think we are in any danger of it breaking out tomorrow, but if you really follow Chinese politics I suppose you would be aware it is an issue.

Step-by-Step. We still have 400 million people living on less than $2 per day and I think that will come first.

What about my Daughter's future?

by koNko on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 11:38:33 AM PST

•  Those 400 million are an afterthought to the (0+ / 0-)

modern CCP.  Greed was pronounced good 30 years ago, and without freedom of expression, there is no other opinion.

by Mogolori on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 12:09:41 PM PST

•  Not really. (0+ / 0-)

If you follow the recent and pending ledal eonomi and soial reforms it suggest these people are not forgotten.

It's interesting to me to compare the public and governmental disussion about inome disparity in the US vs China these days. Both have a similar and increasing Gini Index (China's is worse) but while the Chinese government has taken this as a problem to be solved, the US government sems to be largely living in denial.

So perhpas you could compare policies related to this and comment.

What about my Daughter's future?

by koNko on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 12:53:56 PM PST

•  Gesh (0+ / 0-)

Got to fix this keyboard.

If you follow the recent and pending legal economic and social reforms it suggest these people are not forgotten.

"C"is definately non-responsive.

What about my Daughter's future?

by koNko on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 12:56:17 PM PST

•  Economic disparities are a wash. (0+ / 0-)

Both countries have them.  All countries have them.  The disparity at issue is whether individuals have political redress.

by Mogolori on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 01:01:08 PM PST

•  The question is (0+ / 0-)

What are they doing about it?

China has been moving on this with reforms for approximately the past 6 years and it is now a major topic in the public dialogue and focus of pending policy.

Recognition is the first step and Chinese poliy has already gone beyond that stage with some positive results but a long way to go.

I think the US Congress has barely sratched the surface of the first step although I would give Dems some credit for giving it a try.

Are you versed in Chinese domestic policy?

What about my Daughter's future?

by koNko on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 07:55:09 PM PST