View Diary: Obama will resume military commission trials of Guantanamo detainees (223 comments)

•  You are confusing a policy with a man. (0+ / 0-)

Long after you forget what the issue even was or what side of the issue you were on, you will remember Barack Obama. For all the issues you disagree with him on, you agree with him on a whole lot more. We're all Democrats here (or should be).

I'm in the I-fucking-love-this-guy wing of the Democratic Party!

by doc2 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 05:48:09 PM PST

•  JEsus christ i thought you were posting snark (19+ / 0-)

Youve actually stated in one comment that imprisoning torturing and killing people , some of whom we Know are innocent.. is good for democracy? That is so sociopathically twisted it defies thought.

You think we'll forget his continuing both wars? You think we'll forget he continued a system where we know children have been raped in our deathcamps? You think we'll forget he continued the existance of not only guantanamo but literal CIA death camps in countries around the world? You think we'll forget his sellout of us to big insurance? His shilling for big oil? His extensions of tax cuts for the rich when millions are becoming homeless? His idea that we should start new free trade policies when our working class is dying because of the old ones?

Dear god.

A man is born as many men but dies as a single one.--Martin Heidegger

by cdreid on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 05:54:23 PM PST

•  You're confusing a man with a fairy tale. (13+ / 0-)

And you're confusing me with an easily impressed whore, whose morals can be bought for the low, low price of a flashy grin.

Anyone who forgets what side of THIS issue they're on, shouldn't be trusted with plastic eating utensils, let alone a vote.

Regards,
      Corporate Dog

-----
      We didn't elect Obama to be an expedient president. We elected him to be a great one. -- Eugene Robinson

by Corporate Dog on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 05:56:03 PM PST

•  Come on, you don't really think (0+ / 0-)

that people who disagree with you on this (or anything else) should be denied the right to vote. That would be pretty anti-thetical to our way of life. Here, we all agree on Guantanamo. But that is not the only issue we as a country face, and President Obama is doing a great job, overall, in dealing with world issues and the economy. And at the same time, he is an inspiration to human beings everywhere (you can't deny that). So I cut him some slack when I disagree with him, just saying.

I'm in the I-fucking-love-this-guy wing of the Democratic Party!

by doc2 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 06:00:08 PM PST

•  You just said image trumps policy. (2+ / 0-)
          neroden, poxonyou

So, no. I do not trust you with your vote.

There's a donkey somewhere in a South American village, who hasn't missed a Super Bowl pick yet. HIM I would trust with your vote.

Regards,
          Corporate Dog

-----

by Corporate Dog on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 06:03:13 PM PST

•  That's pretty arrogant, don't you (1+ / 0-)
            sweatyb

think? Whatever we were talking about, somehow you've come to the conclusion that only you should be able to vote in elections, not me. You actually think you should be able to make such a determination, just you, all by yourself. And based on some comments on a blog. That is pretty arrogant, you have to admit. No one here is saying that you shouldn't be entitled to vote. It's really kind of childish when you think about it.

I'm in the I-fucking-love-this-guy wing of the Democratic Party!

by doc2 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 06:08:23 PM PST

•  Here: choke on this irony. (6+ / 0-)

You:

Me:

Whatever we were talking about, somehow Obama has come to the conclusion that he can indefinitely detain anyone he chooses without a trial. He actually thinks he should be able to make such a determination, just him, all by himself. And based on no evidence or trial. That is pretty arrogant, you have to admit. It's really kind of childish when you think about it.

The only difference? I have no authority to take away your vote.

Regards,
              Corporate Dog

-----

by Corporate Dog on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 06:12:29 PM PST

•  This guy's a crack-pot. (2+ / 0-)
                neroden, crose

Psy-ops 101: Show up in diaries where there's going to be a lot of Obama contention, and constantly insight people with your undying love for "my president" and then when you have people all riled up, throw in a "my democratic president" just to remind them what party he's in.

In reality he's trying to turn people off to the Administration and the democrats in whole.

At least that's my thinking. Annoying little douche to boot.

•  the man is reponsible for (4+ / 0-)

the policy if he is the president this is his administration, his watch.  I will never forget the issue of torturing or what the bushies did in our name why would I forget these issues when a Democrat continues them. You better believe that the issue of human and civil rights are more important then a pol. People who forget this end up living in tyranny and having no rights, you are not democratic or Democratic.

•  Who's confused? LOL (2+ / 0-)

Yea, sure genius! I'm going to remember him as being just as tyrannical as any President we've ever had! I'm going to remember him for spending America into austerity and depression, and for lying on EVERY campaign promise he uttered! What a sick joke, and so is anyone who still has the stupidity to continue backing him like a hard headed idiot! LMAO!
      celebs4truth.com

•  You are what you do. (3+ / 0-)

There's no distinction between the policy and the man. Your choices, your actions define who you are as a person.

And I'm disgusted by this decision.

Investigate or be incriminated.

by chase on Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 10:34:31 PM PST