View Diary: I Hate You All! (264 comments)

•  Oh, browser is Safari... (1+ / 0-)
    indyada

It's apparently gone - for now. It was truly horrible. It must've been some weird anomaly -- I hope.

It was very strange!

This ain't no party. This ain't no disco. This ain't no foolin' around!

by Snud on Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 03:51:35 PM PST

•  Happened to me a while ago, browser is Firefox. (3+ / 0-)
      3goldens, Snud, indyada

That, in its essence, is fascism--ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt --

by enhydra lutris on Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 04:22:24 PM PST

•  I'm NOT crazy! Yay! n/t (1+ / 0-)
        enhydra lutris

This ain't no party. This ain't no disco. This ain't no foolin' around!

by Snud on Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 07:21:44 PM PST

•  I'm on Firefox too...never saw purple here. (3+ / 0-)

Maybe a glitch?

Over the past 30-odd years, the Democrats have moved to the right, and the Republicans have moved into a mental hospital. --Bill Maher

by Youffraita on Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 07:36:27 PM PST

•  Dunno... Do you subscribe? (2+ / 0-)
            Youffraita, enhydra lutris

It seems to be ad-related. Just the outer banners are purple now, which only show to non-subscribers. I suspect that's blockable by some browser's ad-blockers, though.

But for about 5 minutes, everything was purple with black text. I can handle purple borders, but there for a few minutes, it was impossible to read anything.

I guess I need to pony up!

This ain't no party. This ain't no disco. This ain't no foolin' around!

by Snud on Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 07:42:51 PM PST

•  No clue, Snud! I don't subscribe (2+ / 0-)
              Snud, enhydra lutris

either, and Firefox didn't tell me it was blocking a pop-up ad, either.  (FF tells me that every time I check weather.com, btw.)

But I've been here for at least an hour, and it's all been orange & white -- like a Creamsicle -- with no purple & quite readable the whole time.

I am clueless about software...wish I had a clue.

by Youffraita on Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 07:50:22 PM PST

•  Well, I just checked my iPad and like you... (2+ / 0-)
                Youffraita, enhydra lutris

The purple's gone. Just orange and white! The iPad doesn't "do" Java... maybe that has something to do with it? I don't know either!

This ain't no party. This ain't no disco. This ain't no foolin' around!

by Snud on Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 07:53:59 PM PST

•  Might be version of Firefox, and o/s. I'm Ubuntu (0+ / 0-)

8 point something.