View Diary: Losing the Class War: What's the Matter With West Virginia? (194 comments)

•  I watched Fox turn my (now) Ex-Husband (5+ / 0-)
    msmacgyver, kevin k, PinHole, zett, JVolvo

from a politically neutral person into a person who says shit like, "both sides are the same," "Both sides are corrupt," and "honey, buy more emergency supplies because terra is coming for us!"

He bought all the shit about having to invade Iraq and it pretty much drove us apart.

If you think education is expensive, wait until you see how much stupid costs

by Sychotic1 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 at 08:53:05 AM PDT

•  I've got my share of broken relationships, (2+ / 0-)
      Sychotic1, PinHole

too...some because of RW religion and others because of RW politics both of which are available 24/7 on cable.

Despite my self-imposed ban on talking about politics and religion pre-Bush, the last decade has undermined that pledge and made me an impatient and often contemptuous conversationalist.

Did you really have emergency supplies?

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Tue Mar 15, 2011 at 09:25:20 AM PDT

•  Yes, we had 2 weeks worth of water for four people (2+ / 0-)
        msmacgyver, JVolvo

in jugs as well as various containers in the fridge and I kept a month supply of dried and canned foods for four people AND we had two backpacks in the trunk of the car with three day supplies of food and water.

Don't get me started on the crossbow...

If you think education is expensive, wait until you see how much stupid costs

by Sychotic1 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 at 09:27:05 AM PDT

•  OMG... (2+ / 0-)
          Sychotic1, JVolvo

That water supply must have taken up way too much space and even though I'd really like to ask about the crossbow, I'll restrain myself.

This sounds very scary and you're lucky to be out of the marriage, IMO.  I'm sure it's taken you some time to put your head back together again.

I had a friend who is an obsessive collector/hoarder whose life had not yet fallen apart because of it.  She is a lovely person with a big heart but the collecting and keeping kept her in a whole 'nother space than where I live.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Tue Mar 15, 2011 at 09:45:21 AM PDT

•  We had wall to wall shelves in the Garage (2+ / 0-)
            PinHole, JVolvo

There was much water out there and a pantry full of dried and canned goods, honey, dried milk, powdered eggs.  After the divorce my son and I really got to like the taste of that Mountain House Beef Stroganoff....just add hot water.

If you think education is expensive, wait until you see how much stupid costs

by Sychotic1 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 at 10:47:18 AM PDT

•  This is standard recommendation for earthquake (1+ / 0-)
          JVolvo

country here in Calif. Well, except the crossbow.

•  I believe that it is a bit of overkill (1+ / 0-)
            dsb

I still keep a small reserve, but hey, a month is a lot of food.

If you think education is expensive, wait until you see how much stupid costs