View Diary: Fukushima Status Update Summary (289 comments)

•  Thanks for your review & factual assessment (18+ / 0-)

This is an excellent summary. I have trouble following live blogs.

Do you have any updates on how the pumps are functioning?

look for my eSci diary series Thursday evening. "It's the planet, stupid."

by FishOutofWater on Sun Mar 20, 2011 at 02:24:50 PM PDT

•  Have not yet seen reports (11+ / 0-)

I keep reading that they're getting things hooked up but no reports on pumps operating yet.

Free: The Authoritarians - all about those who follow strong leaders.

by kbman on Sun Mar 20, 2011 at 02:40:35 PM PDT

•  Great overview summary. And, keeping the (10+ / 0-)

political comments out of the diary is good, and will no doubt help others to greater dicipline in keeping focused on the technical details  in the diary too, I suspect.

A good improvement.

And, I applaud your call for compassion for the Japanese in this terrible time of tragedy.

And, we must congratulate and thank, the heroic workers who have risked their own lives, to save others from worse catastrophes.

Thanks again.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Sun Mar 20, 2011 at 03:38:31 PM PDT

•  Thanks for you comments (4+ / 0-)
          DawnN, HoundDog, erush1345, bablhous

Peace.

Free: The Authoritarians - all about those who follow strong leaders.

by kbman on Sun Mar 20, 2011 at 04:26:20 PM PDT

•  I hope you found them to be constructive (2+ / 0-)
            kbman, bablhous

kbman.  My goal is to be as repectful and supportive to everyone, as much as I can, especially fellow Kossacks.

I am very open to feedback and challenge if you ever think I might not be living up to my own espoused values.

And, when I congratulate you for keeping the politics out of the diary, I only do that because yesterday you were asking folks to keep it out of the comments, and I defende the one fellow, your were challenging, only because I figured if you put it in the diary, you can't expect others not to respond.

But, I respected your wishes, and made no further political comments.

In general, these are my favorite, and perhaps, more important topics given the policy commitment in the next few weeks.

You should let loose and write a policy-issue-controversies diary letting us know you own thoughts on this.  Yes, it will be hairraising, annoying, and probably even hurtful, at times, given how controversial these topics are.

In a democracy this is the only way we can all learn, and build up the wisest collective learning, social policy, and budgets.

To surface, challenge, and if necessary, to change our assumptions, is a reponsibility of all citizens, and just generally a good thing to do, if we want to keep abreast of changing situations.

But, one thing I am trying to learn to do better, is to separate the challanging of ideas, which is good, from the challenging of people, which is counter-productive, and unkind.

Whatefver.....

Keep up the great work.  Although, I disagree with some of you nuclear advocacy, I congratulate you on your outstandingly professional diaries, and compassion for the Japanese people.

Later, in some other evironment, you feel more comfortable, I'll let you try to convert me to a pro-nuclear stance, if you let me try to convert you to cleaner, renewable, and safer energy-economic options.  Or at least, let you know my assumptions, so you can see if you can spot any errors in my thinking.

I beleive our mutual goals are to arrive out the best outcomes for our country and the world.

And, I agree with you 100% we have got to reduce carbon emissions, ASAP.

Cheers

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Sun Mar 20, 2011 at 08:39:18 PM PDT

•  I'm going to avoid advocacy for the time being (2+ / 0-)
              neroden, HoundDog

It takes a conscious effort and commitment to remain fair and to fully consider possibilities regardless of how they affect public opinion.  I need to stay in that mindset at this time.

Free: The Authoritarians - all about those who follow strong leaders.

by kbman on Sun Mar 20, 2011 at 11:01:12 PM PDT