View Diary: "Are you calling me a liar?" - Colmes makes Coulter whither. (181 comments)

•  Colmes gets a spine?! OMG!!!! (4.00)
    It's one of the seven signs!  Quick, run for the hills!

What's next? Lieberman telling Bush he can take his social security "compromise" offer and shove it?

"It is no longer a choice, my friends, between violence and nonviolence. It is either nonviolence or nonexistence." Martin Luther King, Jr.

by grannyhelen on Mon Feb 28, 2005 at 07:07:53 PM PST

•  You beat me to it! (4.00)
      But it's a sign of the End Times, for sure.
      •  The blond norseman of the apocalypse? (none)

"Whatever they want the answer is no. Now is not the time to fold, now is the time to up the ante." -- Charles Pierce

by baba durag on Mon Feb 28, 2005 at 10:07:22 PM PST

•  Hey, don't blame the Norse for this one! (none)
          For one thing, I don't think Ann's Norse. And another, I'm pretty sure she isn't really blonde...

"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce." -Karl Marx

by Lainie on Tue Mar 01, 2005 at 01:55:28 AM PST

•  Pretty sure she isn't blonde? (none)
            I'm pretty sure she isn't completely a woman.  The hands, bone structure, voice and what appears to be an adam's apple (along with... well, everything) kind of give it away.  If it was just one thing, it would be easy to believe that she just had a deep voice for a woman, or unusual features, but it's not just one thing.  If she isn't a transsexual, then her parents picked the wrong sex when they had to give her sexual assignment surgery after being born a hermaphrodite.  Tragic, perhaps he'd be a better person.

If there is no left, the center cannot hold.

by JAS1001 on Tue Mar 01, 2005 at 02:46:50 AM PST

•  Why I think it's important. (4.00)
      If a person as meek as Colmes can crush Coulter so quickly and effectively, why aren't the more resilient and courageous Dems making these rabid righties weep on a regular basis?

This moment was like a minuscule sampling of what can be done if we continue take the offense and stop worrying about playing defense.

•  Preach it! (4.00)
        Can I have an "Amen"?

by grannyhelen on Mon Feb 28, 2005 at 07:36:56 PM PST

•  But why isn't she attacked relentlessly (4.00)
        - for being a terrorist supporter, as she literally is? This is a woman who complained that terrorists didn't blow up the NYT building and later specified that she only wanted the journalists and editors to be killed. And lately she has regretted that media persons aren't targeted in Iraq.

What the fuck? Why isn't this used to destroy her?

Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. - Frank Zappa

by Sirocco on Mon Feb 28, 2005 at 07:55:06 PM PST

•  If you REALLY want to know what I think... (4.00)
          ...total tinfoil hat time, but I think it has to do with the Regnery family, erstwhile Nazi/fascism supporters and founders of Regnery publishing.

WH Regnery is a white supremacist with lots of ties to the conservative elite. I think his hate casts a pretty long shadow over some of the rhetoric coming out of the radical right wing.

by grannyhelen on Mon Feb 28, 2005 at 07:59:47 PM PST

•  I know about Regnery (4.00)
            - but how does that explain why Democrats are unable to take down Coulter?

Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. - Frank Zappa

by Sirocco on Mon Feb 28, 2005 at 08:03:28 PM PST

•  Not sure, but I think it's the same reason (4.00)
              they aren't able to "take down" Regnery, and why you don't hear a peep in the SCLM about him.

by grannyhelen on Mon Feb 28, 2005 at 08:28:09 PM PST

•  Why I think it's important (4.00)
        I think she was shocked, at a loss for words, precisely because Colmes is usually weak.  Such strength coming from him is stunning because it is rare and unexpected.

It might not seem so stunning from someone we expect to respond that way (e.g., Franken), and it might not have taken her aback as much as well.

•  Nope, not a Seventh Sign (4.00)
      I don't watch Hannity and Colmes much, but it occurs to me that even as spineless as he is, there is going to be a day, somewhere down the road, maybe not until years from now, when Hannity's going to say something stupid, and Colmes is going to snap and we're going to watch on live TV as he bashes Hannity's school in with a set chair.

"Our slogan shall be a rotten candidate for a rotten borough." -Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder III

by WussGawd on Mon Feb 28, 2005 at 07:41:29 PM PST

•  Push him far enough (none)
      ... and I suppose even Colmes will geta spine.  Colmes may be a spineless lapdog, but he's FOX's spinless lapdog.  Coulter can't afford to piss off FOX.  The show would be undermined if Colmes just sat there and took it on his own show.  (Well, we know it is Hannity's show, but whatever.
    •  A Spinal Transplant For Colmes? (none)
      If not one of the signs of the Apocalypse, surely headline news. How'd I miss it?