View Diary: What does Obama believe about education? (102 comments)

•  Do you realize that the DOE sets out forth (6+ / 0-)

administration policy? They don't operate in isolation when it comes to policy from the White House.

I work with B2B PAC, and all views and opinions in this account are my own.

by slinkerwink on Sun Apr 03, 2011 at 01:38:27 PM PDT

•  Of course I fully understand that having worked (0+ / 0-)

for the federal government for 26 years. How many years have you actually worked in the federal system?

None?  I thought so, as evidenced by your many comments.   So, with my inside experience, I know that there are levels of every agency that have been filled with political appointees from prior administrations who have burrowed into the civil service system and cannot now be fired.  They are then free to thwart the agenda of the incoming President and his appointees.  When President Obama entered the White House a little over two years ago this country was in a financial collapse with two ongoing wars, and a middle east that was in crisis.  Since then he has had to contend with everything except the plague and locusts if you don't count the so called progressive left among those two.  That has not left him time to get into the weeds of the department of education as he would like, because he has had one or two other issues to deal with.

Further, why is this President expected to have cured all the ills of this society and this government in 24 months?  Other Presidents were not able to do it in eight years.

Can you imagine if George Bush were still President? What if McCain/Palin had been elected?

by Blogvirgin on Sun Apr 03, 2011 at 03:45:30 PM PDT

•  Weren't we talking about education policy? (1+ / 0-)
        slinkerwink

and isn't Arne Duncan Obama's man?

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich. -- Napoleon Bonaparte

by denise b on Sun Apr 03, 2011 at 10:45:13 PM PDT

•  Ah Denise ( I come to DK to argue)b. (0+ / 0-)

Always late, always ready to jump in whether fully understanding the topic or not.  We weren't talking about anything.

by Blogvirgin on Mon Apr 04, 2011 at 09:04:25 AM PDT

•  Hey, I don't need your permission (0+ / 0-)

to join the conversation, so you can stuff it.

The subject of the diary was, in fact, education policy, and I am here because it is a topic of interest to me. So it's quite annoying that you, on the other hand, appear as usual to be here only to fight with anyone who is critical of the president.  No matter what people are discussing you can be counted on to come out with something stupid like this:

With all of your negativity toward this President I would be interested to know which Republican Presidential candidate you intend to vote for?  Which one do you think is better poised to serve the needs of your community?

Asinine, juvenile, and off-topic.

And by the way, if you really did intend your comment to be about the DOE and implementation of policy there, then you are the one who doesn't understand the topic:

The problem is not that the civil service is thwarting the president and his appointees. The problem is the president's appointee and his agenda. If only the civil service would thwart them.

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich. -- Napoleon Bonaparte

by denise b on Mon Apr 04, 2011 at 11:28:38 PM PDT

•  But just so you know, my comment above is (0+ / 0-)

completely about the Department of Education and implementation of policy there. Are you here to represent or defend the person I was actually talking with who had declined to comment but did take the time to rec your comment?

Hmm. I defend my positions myself. I feel them strongly and I feel I am capable of defending them.

by Blogvirgin on Mon Apr 04, 2011 at 09:08:10 AM PDT

•  By the way with your infinite wisdom and ability (0+ / 0-)

to know all things, especially your ability to predict the future (Obama is going to do this, and Obama is going to do that) most of which never comes to fruition; you completely neglected to answer my question with regard to which Republican you will be supporting in this election?

by Blogvirgin on Sun Apr 03, 2011 at 03:53:42 PM PDT

• Media (21)
  • Law (20)
  • Republicans (20)
  • Labor (19)
  • Barack Obama (18)
  • Spam (18)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (18)
  • International (15)
  • White House (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site