View Diary: Bradley Manning possibly being moved (92 comments)

•  Okay. I give. (1+ / 0-)
    MTmofo

Where can I read the military trial transcripts?

Or are they "top sekrit?"

•  You can't. (2+ / 0-)
      MTmofo, erush1345

He hasn't yet been to trial. Oh, my bad. You were thinking being charged and being tried are the same thing?

"The Green Bay Packers failed to score 8 times in the Super Bowl." -- Purity

by USArmyParatrooper on Tue Apr 19, 2011 at 03:28:21 PM PDT

•  I was thinking we should hold off the (4+ / 0-)
        MTmofo, Chung Fu, IndieinVa, wonmug

...punishmen and execution until after the trial. Give gthe man some fuckin' bail.

But, it's just a thought.

I like your America, too. It has that certain fascist panache to it.

•  Wow. (5+ / 0-)

I'll just skip past the hyperbole right to...

Give gthe man some fuckin' bail.

But, it's just a thought.

I like your America, too. It has that certain fascist panache to it.

Damn, you got me! There's nothing I can say to that.

Well except for the part where BAIL IS NOT A PART OF THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM UNDER THE UCMJ.

So let's recap. You didn't know the difference between being charged and being tried, and you didn't even know bail doesn't even apply to this case.

Here's a helpful hint. If you're going to add sarcasm, snark and snide remarks - when your opponent can point out you have no clue what you're talking about it kind of loses its punch.

But, it's just a thought.

"The Green Bay Packers failed to score 8 times in the Super Bowl." -- Purity

by USArmyParatrooper on Tue Apr 19, 2011 at 03:55:35 PM PDT

•  We'll see (2+ / 3-)
            nosleep4u, wonmug
            Hidden by:
            sewaneepat, exlrrp, erush1345

My ideology is not tied down by military dogma that has made me unable to think morally.

So, I have an unfair aqdvantage over you. I am able to see decency and philosophy and morality.

And I know a simple thing aout civilization: You don't punish the accused before he is tried. It is an immoral and sub-human thing to do.

I don't give a shit if you can spit shine your shoes to a gleam that gives your commanding officer a hardon.

You don't know right from wrong. You have no clue.

And either do your bosses.

If I were you, I'd quit my job. You work for shitholes.

You can do better than.

•  I see. (3+ / 0-)

But evidently your advantage doesn't include knowing the facts, because you're batting zero right now.

As for the rest of your broad brush tirade about the military, irrelevant and immaterial. Not even worth addressing.

"The Green Bay Packers failed to score 8 times in the Super Bowl." -- Purity

by USArmyParatrooper on Tue Apr 19, 2011 at 04:08:54 PM PDT

•  Hr'd for the crappy statement (2+ / 0-)
              missliberties, USArmyParatrooper

That you have morality and  decency on your side and USArmy paratrooper doesn't. BS.

You also might want to check out what the transfer means since you apparently don't know jack.

You can't scare me, I'm sticking to the Union - Woody Guthrie

by sewaneepat on Tue Apr 19, 2011 at 07:21:14 PM PDT

•  Pluto - as a award winning spit shiner (1+ / 0-)
              erush1345

I take offense. Based on the limited information we have available I do not think that PFC Manning has been treated fairly under the UCMJ. However, all soldiers facing a general courts martial are held in prison until the courts martial in convened. There is no concept of bail under the UCMJ. I do think that Manning's life would be in danger if he were in the general prison population. Hopefully his change of detention facilities will allow for a fresh start and more humane treatment. All that being said, there is no reason to strike out at a fellow veteran who jumps out of planes, often for no good reason. He was just trying to help you understand the difference between the UCMJ and the normal Constitutional rights Manning would have in federal court.

"let's talk about that"

by VClib on Tue Apr 19, 2011 at 09:15:59 PM PDT

•  Pluto everyone facing a general courts martial (1+ / 0-)
          erush1345

is held in prison until the courts martial is convened. There is no concept of bail under the UCMJ.

"let's talk about that"