View Diary: DK Elections Daily Digest: 5/3 (343 comments)

•  I'm watching this and throwing $ into it from.... (0+ / 0-)

the suburbs and a little more detached from it, so I'm not "in the know".  Are your friends on the ground working for a particular campaign?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.

by Magster on Tue May 03, 2011 at 08:43:08 AM PDT

•  Some (1+ / 0-)
      Magster

A lot work in/around the state house, and are supporting various candidates. I'd say half are for Hancock, most of the rest Mejia, and only a handful for Romer.

I sent in my ballot for Colorado Springs mayor today, though. Can't believe a relative progressive made the runoff (Richard Skorman) and has a chance at beating the conservative developer (Steve Bach).

24, DKElections Gay Caucus Policy Chair; CA-14 (law school), CO-05 (home)

by Kretzy on Tue May 03, 2011 at 08:48:50 AM PDT

•  That whole story of CO Springs infrastructure (0+ / 0-)

and parks being unkept was really an embarrassment. Maybe the local citizenry decided that funding basic municipal services might not be that bad a thing after all.

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.

by Magster on Tue May 03, 2011 at 08:52:37 AM PDT

•  Skorman is an institution as well (1+ / 0-)
          Magster

His "Poor Richard's" shop was my favorite hangout while in undergrad.

He's a registered Indy, and Democrats clearing the field (not necessarily easy to do, EVEN in Colo. Springs) for him was a smart move. I'm hopeful he's got the momentum to take the whole thing, now that the city has moved to a strong-mayor government.

24, DKElections Gay Caucus Policy Chair; CA-14 (law school), CO-05 (home)

by Kretzy on Tue May 03, 2011 at 08:58:19 AM PDT

•  There's a Poor Richard's bookstore here in Parker (0+ / 0-)

Is that the same guy?  I called our Parker store inquiring about a book, and the lady there said he was attending to business until Wednesday.

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.

by Magster on Tue May 03, 2011 at 09:03:48 AM PDT

•  I'm not sure (1+ / 0-)
              Magster

I know which place you're talking about (my ex is from Parker), but I'm not sure if Richard owns it as well.

24, DKElections Gay Caucus Policy Chair; CA-14 (law school), CO-05 (home)

by Kretzy on Tue May 03, 2011 at 09:10:54 AM PDT