View Diary: Swingnuts: Tips for the transition to DKE (213 comments)

•  this is getting off topic. (2+ / 0-)
    Rustbelt Dem, SaoMagnifico

I'll leave you to your thoughts my friend. have a good day. Perhpas we will talk again soon.

•  Yes, when the facts face you... (1+ / 0-)
      musing85

it's always time to turn tail and run. Typical of a Republican.

Summata? Didn't quite appreciate a lefty in control of his facts?

Make it a little tougher to complain about high taxes when they're at their lowest point in decades?

Trouble finding ANY information of how tax cuts helped the middle class?

Lemme guess: too much contrary information showing how the tax cuts led to less revenue and found the middle class targeted for savings?

More and Better Democrats

by SJerseyIndy on Sat May 07, 2011 at 06:46:52 AM PDT

•  Leave it to RD to show his true colors. (1+ / 0-)
      musing85

At least this invasion will show one thing:

the upraters like RD will probably be more likely to be friendly toward and want to work with the outright opposition as opposed to wanting to work with those on this side of the asile he might have disagreements with.

It's like he's following right in the footsteps of the leader he adores...

More and Better Democrats

by SJerseyIndy on Sat May 07, 2011 at 07:03:06 AM PDT

•  Why do you (1+ / 0-)
        SaoMagnifico

Like to be mean to everyone? It's ppl like you that don't make politics fin because you only tear others down.  You can have a disagreement with someone, without doing what you do to them. You make more friends and allies by being civil.

•  I'm not being mean. (1+ / 0-)
          musing85

I'm pointing out the seemingly obvious.

People like me make politics not fun?

You mean, it's not the conservatives who put gun sights over elected officials before they get shot by the conservative supporters of the one doing the targeting?

What's "civil" to you? Trying to lie about being a conservative before being called on it? How is lying civil?

Methinks you might take your own advice. You'll make more friends by not lying outright to people and accusing them of doing things you yourself are doing.

Take it. Leave it. Choose your own adventure.

More and Better Democrats

by SJerseyIndy on Sat May 07, 2011 at 07:41:40 AM PDT

•  By civil I mean reasonable. (1+ / 0-)
            SaoMagnifico

Which you aren't. You're attacking anyone the second the disagree with you. If attacking someone means you aren't being mean, then I guess the definition of mean has changed in the 19 years I've been alive.

•  I'm being reasonable. (1+ / 0-)
              musing85

I don't think it's unreasonable to call people out on their lies and demand honesty.

What's unreasonable is lying and playing coy about the truth, as you did

It's not about disagreement, it's about you being an outright liar.

Heck, whenever we find disgareement, you seem to avoid the fact-based discussion on it in favor of having at me.

Like the example in a previous thread. YOu posited there is no drawback (or something to that effect) of a wait time for a woman to gain access to a legal medical procedure.

I disagreed, raising the situation wherein death might result from continuing to carry to term and not have the procedure.

I queried as to how you would handle it, as a means to discuss the disagreement...

and you went missing just like you did when facts about the middle class getting screwed by tax cuts came up...

More and Better Democrats

by SJerseyIndy on Sat May 07, 2011 at 07:51:15 AM PDT

•  I didnt run, I just havent seen your (1+ / 0-)
                SaoMagnifico

Comment yet. I'll check when I get home and can focus better. Also, I'm not talking about you attacking me. Idc about that, you've been attacking other ppl here like RD etc. You're just coming across more as a bully, than as someone to have a discussion about politics with.

•  I think you'll find you can discuss politics with (1+ / 0-)
                  musing85

me just fine if you don't include falsehoods or attempts at being deceitful in the discussion. And that's what you tried to do until I called you on it. I'm sorry if you feel that calling you out or calling out the actions of others makes one a bully. But as it relates to RD, you should be aware there is a long-running feud (seemingly ongoing) wherein folks like RD will not uprate (and will go further to HR) people he thinks are not here for the site mission.

So, you'll understand my decision to point out his uprating of a user another has already stated will not be helping to achieve the site mission.

Folks like RD are now going to have to do some serious soul-searching on all that nonsense, as they now find themselves facing the joining and uprating (to the point of TU status they often go on about) outright members of the opposition to that goal (conservative Republicans like yourself) over a desire to find common ground with those on this side of the aisle they might have past disagreements with.

More and Better Democrats

by SJerseyIndy on Sat May 07, 2011 at 08:10:41 AM PDT

•  You were provoked (1+ / 0-)
        sberel

Nevertheless, this whole subthread goes beyond what we're focused on at DKE, issues, not politics.

I hope; therefore, I can live.

by tietack on Sat May 07, 2011 at 08:07:28 AM PDT

•  Okay. (1+ / 0-)
          musing85

Is there a DKE group? I notice this diary wasn't posted to it.

It was just posted to the community in general. And, it's really just a diary asking for users to turn Republicans into TUs. So, there that issue to discuss whether it's about policy or not... as it relates to the larger theme of participation here are the site.

It wasn't me who asked others t blindly uprate Conservative Republicans to turn them into Trusted Users.

That was the diarist, and the diarist rightly received push-back on that proposal.

More and Better Democrats

by SJerseyIndy on Sat May 07, 2011 at 08:14:31 AM PDT

•  My diary also focuses on the DKE Mission Statement (1+ / 0-)
            SaoMagnifico

All of the quoted passages are from the DKE Mission Statement. What I quoted to user aggou was straight from what I cited in the body of the diary.

It is a mantra that we try to follow, IMO aggou did not. I think the result speaks for itself.

It is like our 4th day on the DK site, and your point suggests to me there are more bugs to work out. It is giving me an idea to suggest to the management of DKE.

I hope; therefore, I can live.

by tietack on Sat May 07, 2011 at 08:21:13 AM PDT

•  Based on your last para (0+ / 0-)

My username is tietack, and I am the author of the diary here. While I support user aggou's right to be here, I am not aggou.

I hope; therefore, I can live.

by tietack on Sat May 07, 2011 at 08:22:29 AM PDT

•  Gotchya. As the diarist... (2+ / 0-)
              PhilJD, musing85

I appreciate your willingness to listen to concerns.

I think much of what you're getting pushback on is the fact that this diary all but asks users to just go around reccing and tipping other swingnutters because they're swingnutters.

Longtime users will notice, and probably rightly be a bit concerned about, the fact that this can lead to larger number of TUs who probably shouldn't be. Why would conservative republicans not committed to the site mission of electoral victory for more and better Democrats be handed such status? Seems a fair discussion to be had and debated. Especially in light of Markos insisting it should be a little harder to get TU, not easier.

I think the point is not the discussion of the mission statement. Many groups have a mission statement. Some even rule out talk of politics altogether.

I think the problem here is the stuff about ratings and TU status, and your suggestion that other users have at trying to make TUs of whoever just because they're swingnutters.

I mean, should aggou, someone who in my short interaction has already tried to be coy about (if not dishonest about) his being a conservative and has already resorted to calling others ignorant and telling them they're close-minded and the like, be a TU as a result of uprates by way of his being a swingnutter?

You seem to be receptive to the concerns in that regard, which is appreciated.

More and Better Democrats

by SJerseyIndy on Sat May 07, 2011 at 08:34:45 AM PDT

•  I do appreciate the concern (1+ / 0-)
                SaoMagnifico

But I think it is unwarranted.

At last count, I see approx 70 times as many DK users, when compared to SSP users, based on numbers who have registered on both sites (300,000 DK registrations v. 4500 SSP registrations)

I'm guessing maybe 10-20% of SSP users are not Democrats.

So the merger of DK and SSP may have increased the number of Rs here by as much as 0.25% (approx max).

I think the DK community is stable enough to handle that kind of influx of Rs, who are also regulated on this subsite by the DKE mission statement.

I hope; therefore, I can live.

by tietack on Sat May 07, 2011 at 08:43:12 AM PDT