View Diary: The True Story (91 comments)

•  can't (0+ / 0-)
    Just gotta lighten up a little.

Funny how living near Camp Lejeune takes away the humor in all of this.  I'll probably lighten up after all are troops are removed.

Apres Bush, le deluge.

by melvynny on Mon May 09, 2011 at 09:56:22 AM PDT

•  It's OK (1+ / 0-)
      the tmax

Sometimes I laugh and mock them, other times I'm so grim about it I have to meditate to get my senses back.  Then I begin to laugh at myself and I'm back to normal.

Mockery and laughter is a way to keep ourselves sane.  It's a way to fight the inner demons of vengeance that want to run amok.

It does give me a little joy to contemplate upon the fact that several members of the Bush Administration can never travel to Europe anymore, what with being wanted men at the The Hague and all.......

A Complaint has been filed with the Prosecutor for the International Criminal Court (I.C.C.) in The Hague against U.S. citizens George W. Bush, Richard Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, George Tenet, Condoleezza Rice, and Alberto Gonzales (the “Accused”) for their criminal policy and practice of “extraordinary rendition” perpetrated upon about 100 human beings.

bushtothehague.org

"It was like that when I got here." - Homer Simpson

by rbird on Mon May 09, 2011 at 12:35:43 PM PDT

•  Calm down. (0+ / 0-)

I live near to a very large Army Fort and one of the largest Airbases we have. The personell are consistantly being deployed and brought back in body-bags. Every loss of any Soldier or Airman is felt deeply here. Their families want them home as much as anyone.

Taking offense at this cartoon is misplaced. There are people who were children when the WTC attacks occurred. They may not know the exact history or the facts of Bush's bungling of the response. Sometimes humor will catch their attention and prod them to seek the truth of the matters.

An as a former Combat Medic and 91C20, I can tell you that most of these guys KEEP their sense of humor even with their legs blown off. Yeah, it's a hard row to hoe, but the ones who approach this type of recovery with a sense of humor by far do the best.

Not to say these aren't serious matters, but staying depressed on purpose serves no one but yourself. You want to see Bush in jail? So do I. Go do something about it instead of whining that we are all wrnog and you are "right".

"Wealthy the Spirit which knows its own flight. Stealthy the Hunter who slays his own fright. Blessed is the Traveler who journeys the length of the Light."

by CanisMaximus on Mon May 09, 2011 at 06:16:43 PM PDT

•  Mel Brooks (0+ / 0-)

Mel Brooks made fun of the nazis  --  30 years after the holocaust.  This disaster is still happening--no Springtime for Bush is appropriate today.  Put him in jail--then I'll laugh.

Apres Bush, le deluge.

by melvynny on Tue May 10, 2011 at 07:36:41 AM PDT

•  Jack Benny made fun of the Nazis (2+ / 0-)
          Inspector Javert, Impolitics

during WWII.  "To Be Or Not To Be" with Carole Lombard.  I think it's perfectly legitimate to make fun of Lil' Shrubbie now or any time.

Renewable energy brings national security.      -6.25, -6.05

by Calamity Jean on Fri May 13, 2011 at 05:53:15 AM PDT

•  There was TONS of satire about Nazis during WWI (0+ / 0-)

This is perhaps the most famous example -- and yes, the clip IS from the era (notice the morale boosting slogans on the backdrop):

Satire like this in fact was part of our anti-Nazi arsenal.

Give it up, Melvinninny.  You aren't going to convince anyone of the merit of your point of view -- you are, however, in serious danger of making a very convincing case that you are a humorless pill, monitoring the rest of us with a stopwatch to make sure we don't laugh before you think enough time has elapsed for it to be in good taste.

by Impolitics on Fri May 13, 2011 at 05:44:11 PM PDT