View Diary: Cornel's West's Black Rage as Unhinged as White Hate (111 comments)

•  He doesn't support austerity for that guy (2+ / 0-)
    cybrestrike, 4kedtongue

He did 65 campaign events for Obama so perhaps he didn't think about how that sounded, but the feeling of being snubbed is understandable.

Inartful statements in the heat of the moment don't change one's advocacy, like supporting austerity memes during a jobs crisis which is what Obama is doing.

On aggregate, West does care about the poor and the data shows it.

Pro Life??? Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers!- George Carlin

by priceman on Tue May 24, 2011 at 05:11:46 PM PDT

•  President Obama has done a LOT (4+ / 0-)

Stimulus, extension of unemployment benefits, helping the American auto industry, and much much more.

What does Cornel do, besides talk?

One talks, the other WALKS.

He might "care", but the President has done far more than West, and getting pissy about some regular guy getting a once-in-a-lifetime ticket is pathetic at best.

And saying that the President is "afraid of free black men"? What the hell was that??

Sorry, but West is a giant only in his own mind.

Stack his achievements up against the President's, and tell me who has helped more people.

The difference is huge. Cornel sounded like a pissy, whiny baby, and he should have known better.

"We have only the moral ground we actually inhabit, not the moral ground we claim." - It Really Is That Important

by Diogenes2008 on Tue May 24, 2011 at 05:17:58 PM PDT

•  There's no need to get nasty with me, Diogenes2008 (2+ / 0-)
        cybrestrike, 4kedtongue

You've heard me explain how the stimulus, although good, was not big enough like West, Krugman, and others have said.

The recent tax cut sellout endangers everything good passed.

West also gives credit when the President deserves it.

West dislikes Larry Summers for more reasons than his beef with him at Harvard as Larry summers as an architect of the crash.

I'm pretty tired of repeating this, though. It's probably better if you don't respond to me if you are going to be nasty and you have never been this way towards me before so i am a little hurt and disappointed in you.

We will have to agree to disagree.

by priceman on Tue May 24, 2011 at 05:25:49 PM PDT

•  Nasty? (2+ / 0-)
          second gen, foufou

Tell me where I got nasty?

I said I disagreed. Is that the "nasty" part?

Or where I said Cornel (NOT YOU) sounded like a pissy whiny baby?

Show me where I was rude, where I showed you any incivility, or where I attacked you.

Because I DIDN'T.

And I think you owe me an apology for claiming that.

by Diogenes2008 on Tue May 24, 2011 at 05:34:13 PM PDT

•  All right maybe not towards me then (0+ / 0-)

I apologize for that.

But as far as everything else, I stand by what I said.

by priceman on Tue May 24, 2011 at 06:02:15 PM PDT

•  Oh, and by the way (3+ / 0-)

Just because you may have explained something in the past doesn't mean that:

A: I read that explanation

or that

B: I agreed with it

You have your opinions, I have mine. I have always been courteous to you, and I would appreciate the same in response.

by Diogenes2008 on Tue May 24, 2011 at 05:41:09 PM PDT

•  That's fine. (0+ / 0-)

I was just saying that I have responded to that line of argument numerous times, but like you said you have your opinions and I have mine.

I disagree.