View Diary: Punishing Breitbart’s Enablers (237 comments)

•  Yeah, and that kind of reasoning must be why (2+ / 0-)
    cks175, rb608

African Americans jumped on the bandwagon of calling what's his face whose name I can't remember but is head of the Republican party an Uncle Tom.  Or not.  That was considered racist and not permitted.  The rules are different for women, whether you recognize it or not.

by gustynpip on Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 10:32:20 AM PDT

•  Oh, I certainly agree that women (1+ / 0-)
      kurt

work under a different set of rules; but there is unquestionably a physical difference between the two.  It's been my opinion, however, that I treat all women as intelligent and as capable at any job as men.  By that same token, I expect women who wish to be treated without gender bias to do that job without manipulating that gender bias.  IMO, women who capitalize on their attractiveness to men instead of their actual qualifications and capabilities are betraying the equality other women have worked so hard to gain.  I don't see race as being analogous at all.

You can't spell CRAZY without R-AZ.

by rb608 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 01:04:48 PM PDT

•  LOL! You must be a man. Only a man would (1+ / 0-)
        cks175

decide that he has the right to decide to treat a woman in a sexist manner because he's decided, in all his superiority, that she hasn't acted appropriately "without manimpulating that gender bias".  I'm so glad we have someone like you standing up for those who betray our equality.

by gustynpip on Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 03:18:00 PM PDT

•  Not to get to technical BUT (1+ / 0-)
          rb608

"You must be a man. Only a man would..."

is pretty sexist. Do you think that only men could believe that a woman who uses sexuality to further her goals can be called out for having only that sexuality and no qualifications?

That's what I see the poster saying, and I agree.

"What i believe is irrelevant." - GOP Senate Candidate

by Solarian on Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 05:39:57 PM PDT

•  You got me. That was sexist. But uses (0+ / 0-)

sexist language with the excuse that the woman is using her sexuality improperly is still wrong.

by gustynpip on Mon Jun 06, 2011 at 08:54:00 AM PDT

•  We're going to have to agree to disagree. (0+ / 0-)

I don't believe you're even willing to consider that I have a valid perspective, simply because I'm a man; yet I'm the sexist.  Okay fine.  Carry on without me.

You can't spell CRAZY without R-AZ.

by rb608 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 06:30:29 PM PDT