View Diary: The Undeniable Progress That Can't Be Buried! (146 comments)

•  Sarcasm and sardony (0+ / 0-)

is not nasty and I use it sometimes to make my point.

BTW I did apologize to you in that thread(though I still hold to my position) even though you rec'd nasty attacks on me before by other people and badmouth me in other diaries, but that's fine.

Pro Life??? Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers!- George Carlin

by priceman on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 10:11:09 PM PDT

•  I didn't attack you (4+ / 0-)

But you said I was "nasty" because I disagreed with you.

What you said above was really awful - do you even realize how those of us who support this President take that kind of stuff? Do you care that it hurts when you treat us like imbeciles simply for having a different viewpoint than you?

Do you realize that when you tell me that you "already explained this" to me, it sounds like you think I'm stupid and you know more than I do, simply because you have a different viewpoint?

I don't think you realize how you come across. I really don't. I was always nice to you in CLL's diaries - did my best to simply avoid reading your comments, even though the sarcasm and condescension just dripped from every word. The things you said made me angry, and I'll be honest - it's one reason I don't go there as often these days. I don't need that kind of treatment. I don't DESERVE that.

You may think you're just expressing yourself, but you do it by attacking everyone who thinks differently than you do.

Consider that. Seriously. I'm not attacking you, I'm just telling you quite honestly how I feel about the way you approach things.

Re-read what you wrote up at the top of this thread, and consider how you'd feel if it was aimed at YOU.

And I'm going to bed, so I most likely won't be back here tonight. I've had my say, and I know you'll likely just see it as an attack and fire back. So be it. I don't really care anymore.

I know you don't like me, and that's your choice. But I don't like the way you characterize people who think the way I do. Not at all. It's rude, it's nasty, and it doesn't give us any credit for having minds of our own.

"We have only the moral ground we actually inhabit, not the moral ground we claim." - It Really Is That Important

by Diogenes2008 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 10:34:17 PM PDT

•  *sigh* (0+ / 0-)

If you want to see awful, you could bring up anyone from the Peoples View who did nothing to citizen k(still a featured writer) for threatening slinkerwink's job or stupidly calling all progressives scabs and crap like that. TIMT is a featured writer there and his diaries are very nasty a lot of the time(so this comment is about him). No, TIMT's whole demeanor and who he associates with on this blog is what's awful which is why he/she deserved this comment and I make no apologies.

Also I didn't say I "already explained this to you." I was just saying that that was a point I already explained to different people a lot who bring up the same point and it wasn't that "the stimulus is bad for America" as you said I said(it's the same critique as Paul Krugman's) when you were badmouthing me in this comment and I didn't vanish as you said I did. I never said any of those things you are now insinuating and those words do not imply what you are insinuating they do. I see a purge of dissenting views on this administration given favoritism on this blog where any crazy accusation is allowed to curb dissent.

Your tone was harsh(and another thing! And another thing!); a lot harsher than mine was here or there, but I misdirected what you said about Professor West being a stupid crybaby or whatever to me and apologized(even though you liked and said I didn't to score points with many people who don't like me or my friends. Maybe you should think about that?), even though I honestly still found it distasteful to Professor West.

I was always nice to you there and honestly I was uncomfortable even arguing with you because I didn't want to ruin our repertoire which was always nice, or so I thought. Hmm, I'm going to have to ask about this. I'll leave the series if enough people think that then you can come back full time. I think that is a pretty libelous statement. I offer clarifications and citations on what I say, especially there. sure it's harsh and principled as I'm supposed to be towards politicians who are supposed to represent us, but I never talked about posters as you say. Deserve what? I didn't do anything to you there.

I don't apologize for my views and I never insulted you there. I misunderstood you and apologized in that thread and you did the same thing back and even worse didn't apologize and joined in a hate fest; one of many that goes on in that diary series towards me and my friends(which is funny because they "silently rec" all the time) and that hurt to see you rec that. I don't rec negative comments towards you.

If I didn't like you I wouldn't care to explain anything or apologize like I did.

And boy if you only knew what some of the people you are supporting are involved with. Defending death threats to anyone who criticizes Obama, gathering personal info on people and spreading it around so they can be harassed(including job threats as I mentioned). You have no idea.

I don't like how this site is being ruined by this kind of stuff all because we have a differing opinion but this is allowed to go on and so it does and no one I know threatens people for their views or defends people who do.

So it is you who doesn't like me, which is fine, but I didn't do anything to you. you may not see me in CLL's diary series anymore though depending on what they think.

by priceman on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 11:37:06 PM PDT

•  But you demonstrate such ignorance — particularly (1+ / 0-)
          Diogenes2008

on the ACA with such snide debasing comments that I don't have to take you seriously.

You seem to be taken in by our rapper Prophet (who announced that he would be Fredrick Douglas to Obama) and seems curdled with jealousy of not being President or at least one of his closest advisors. He flat out lies and has been doing a negative number on President Obama since before he announced he was running. West needs to grow up and realize it is not the 60s anymore. And he could stand a good Civics class to learn how our government actually functions.

I'm asking you to believe. Not in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... *I'm asking you to believe in yours.* Barack Obama

by samddobermann on Tue Jun 14, 2011 at 03:43:59 AM PDT

•  death threats to anyone who criticizes Obama? (1+ / 0-)
          Diogenes2008

When and where has this happened? Links please? That's certainly an extrordinary claim that requires extraordinary proof.

Ds see human suffering and wonder what they can do to relieve it. Rs see human suffering and wonder how they can profit from it.

by JTinDC on Tue Jun 14, 2011 at 05:04:49 AM PDT

•  Diogenes, don't take this dude too seriously. (1+ / 0-)
        Diogenes2008

It is just a waste of time. I just pass the comments because the ignorance is quite blatant.

...We have many more issues that bind us together than separate us!

by ThisIsMyTime on Tue Jun 14, 2011 at 05:14:10 AM PDT

•  By the way (1+ / 0-)
      wishingwell

If I wrote a post like your video post above, but reversed it - I'd be HR'd into oblivion for "punching hippies" and you damned well know it.

by Diogenes2008 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 10:36:11 PM PDT

•  That's not true. (0+ / 0-)

as demonstrated in my other comment.

by priceman on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 11:40:28 PM PDT

• Economy (18)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Science (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Politics (15)
  • Environment (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site