View Diary: Would a little American nuclear emergency make you look up? We're having one (225 comments)

•  yes - I have been provoked into (0+ / 0-)

going too far. So I understand that.

And I'll admit to having gone a little too far on my own as well!

Thanks for explaining what happened. I am sorry that we lost Nathguy.

“The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking, and thus we drift toward unparalleled catastrophe.” – Einstein (1946)

by Earth Ling on Tue Jun 07, 2011 at 10:22:26 AM PDT

•  Me too...indeed, you and I have crossed swords... (1+ / 0-)
      Earth Ling

a few times, as I recall, lol, even though I think you do often bring very good remarks.

I'm kinda wrassling with that...contradiction, like in terms of whether or not to rec and give someone mojo, even if I agree with a particular remark, when I recall previous clashes.

Too often, when I have had strong disagreements with the line someone is projecting, I have jumped to the conclusion that they are just a clueless troll...but then upon reviewing their profile and other remarks, I find it's not necessarily that...simple, or absolute, heh, which can be...disconcerting.

I literally begged nathguy to chill, in private messages, but he just responded with assertions that his detractors "deserved" a dose of their own medicine.

I'm not convinced that some of his most horrific comments were not just contrived to elicit maximum outraged response, rather than being actual representations of his own...beliefs, and perspective.

But, oh well, such nuances become meaningless, when one goes too far, regardless of how "correct" the rationalization may be, heh.

Democracy is the most fundamental revolutionary principle. Information is the ultimate key.

by Radical def on Tue Jun 07, 2011 at 10:48:32 AM PDT

•  what I appreciate the most is when people (0+ / 0-)

like you go ahead and tip a comment because it is well-reasoned and fair, DESPITE perhaps having gotten cross ways with the commenter in other instances.

I try to to the same and I thank you for doing what you're doing.

For instance I checked out comments by elwior and realized that she was way, way more than just a defender of Obama. Do I think he/she gives Obama too much credit/slack? Yes.

Do I think he/she is a troll for Obama? No way, not after seeing all the stuff he/she is involved in.

Thanks for trying to talk Nathguy down. That's very cool. You are working for the greater good when you do shit like that. That is what need way more of.

by Earth Ling on Tue Jun 07, 2011 at 10:57:48 AM PDT

•  Owww...maybe better we don't go there, LOL (0+ / 0-)

Wouldn't want to hijack a nuke diary, with an "Obamabot" vs "traitorous oppositionalist, siding with the Republicans" war.

Too many people go too far, in both directions, no doubt...but ultimately, I think it's far better to err on the side of expressing principled (if qualified) solidarity with the Prez and the Party, to crush the Republicans, than to so viciously pile on with subjective hyperbolic adhominem attacks against the Prez and the Party, which tend to resemble Faux "News" hype, more than anything else, and are all too prolific here.

Oh well...now I've gone and done it...and you've confirmed my hesitation to rec your comment...which I have withdrawn, since principle is more important to me than your compliments.

Which brings us to the implications of this diary, and your own participation in it...

by Radical def on Tue Jun 07, 2011 at 11:22:12 AM PDT

•  funny! (0+ / 0-)

Mojo is not as important as substantive discussions. And we're both clearly trying to have substantive discussions, whatever shortcomings we may have.

I'll continue to push myself to tip comments that are well reasoned and factual, even if the author generally annoys me.

by Earth Ling on Tue Jun 07, 2011 at 11:32:45 AM PDT

•  Does it annoy you...that Prez is "soft" on nukes? (2+ / 0-)
              worldlotus, Earth Ling

Photobucket

On consideration, this seems a relevant topic, in terms of how we are to resolve this issue, of freakin' nukes, just for example.

Teh Prez sez, "if, when" they are "safe", we'll do nukes, and approves $36bil to make it so.

I'm convinced that as soon as EPA is fully funded and staffed, they will soonest put a report on Mr. Obama's desk, that there's no such thing as "clean" coal or "safe" nukes, or "cheap" frakin' gas, and that we must go green, all the way, immediately, to save the planet.

And teh Prez will say "OK, let's do it!", with the back up and/or the jack up, that he needs, to call his bluff, if that's what it is, about "make me", whether he wants it or not.

inauguration 2
              inauguration

Progressive/moderate Democratic Majorities, for real, NOT rotten with Blue Dogs.

THEN, we will kick right wing ass all up and down both sides of the aisle, like "some people" pretend to think we woulda shoulda coulda done, while hostage to right wing majorities, since day one.

The ONLY way to staff and fund EPA, and other regulatory agencies, and suppress the right wing embedded agents proliferate throughout every facet of gov't apparatus, is to gain sufficient progressive/moderate plurality.

Photobucket

Then, and ONLY then, we can totally role out the new green paradigm, all the way, put everyone back to work, bring home the troops, etc. etc.

Less plurality, not so much, or worse.

Bring the Better Democrats!

All Out for 2012!

DFH: Totally Rule

Photobucket

by Radical def on Tue Jun 07, 2011 at 12:11:27 PM PDT

•  Yes, it annoys me very much that the prez (0+ / 0-)

is pushing for $36 billion for new nukes when instead he should be demanding that all of our spent fuel pools be emptied (down to the most recent 2 to 3 years worth of spent fuel) and placed into dry cask storage.

It'd be very expensive, but massively less expensive and less costly than an accident.

You think we have to be supportive of the prez, until all the stars align, despite him doing very questionable things.

I support the prez doing the right thing regardless of the Rahm-esque political calculations.

You think that Democrats sucking up to Wall Street, the MIC, Big Pharma, Big Ag, etc is somehow going to get us into a position where the stars align and suddenly Obama can do all the right things.

I see that strategy as putting us in bed with some pretty evil forces and causing your glory day to recede forever over the horizon, never actually happening.

by Earth Ling on Wed Jun 08, 2011 at 07:34:30 AM PDT