View Diary: TWO Rick Scott Scandals on SAME DAY! (224 comments)

•  Don't blame the voters! (13+ / 0-)

It's the party. Five years ago the Dem candidate was asked how he would finance his plans in the one and only statewide debate, and he said: "I don't know." Game over.

This year Sink (an intelligent woman) ran a campaign worse than Coakley's, declining to organize a ground game in Miami Dade. Game over.

Then of course, there was the party that split the senatorial vote between two candidates. Game over.

Stupid is as stupid does.

•  I thought she was doing OK until (1+ / 0-)
      wader

she got to that John King debate.  I thought her biggest problem there was her becoming whiney because of the obvious partisanship between King/Scott, not her accidently looking a text thinking it was family related.

•  Her biggest problem (2+ / 0-)
        mjd in florida, NoMoreLies

was the she was the former President of BOA - Florida. Scott partially neutralized his own problems by focusing on her background.

The bitter truth of deep inequality has been disguised by an era of cheap imported goods and the anyone-can-make-it celebrity myth - Polly Toynbee

by fladem on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 07:49:27 AM PDT

•  They never did put that one to rest. (2+ / 0-)
          nargel, OleHippieChick

I don't remember hearing the "I left working for BOA's Florida division 10 years ago, can we talk about..."

•  Given the state of the property market, (1+ / 0-)
            mjd in florida

and the numbers of layoffs at BOA Florida when she was head of it,  she simply didn't have a succinct way of making it go away.

She was a much better candidate than her husband, but that was the wrong resume in 2010.

by fladem on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 08:16:21 AM PDT

•  Actually, I do blame the voters. (9+ / 0-)

But then again, I know that someone is going to get elected.

"Let's see. Scott is a criminal. Sink is really good but she is running a lousy campaign. Oh what the heck...I'll just stay home."   Yes,

Stupid is as stupid does.

In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican. ~ Mencken

by royce on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 07:27:50 AM PDT

•  well blame the Meeks and Crist stupidity (1+ / 0-)
        happymisanthropy

This should never happen again !!!

•  I wish it would never happen (4+ / 0-)

again. But that doesn't change the fact that someone will win an election. When voters stay home because they can't figure out which one is better than the other (however incrementally it might be) they are the stupid ones.

by royce on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 07:44:45 AM PDT

•  No (1+ / 0-)
            happymisanthropy

This is a question of political leadership. More concrete, this mess was the consequence of the egos of Meek and Crist. They are responsible for this. Many tried to talk to them, but they refused to drop out or unit. They even campaigned against each other. But, I argue, massive pressure from the Democratic leadership would have been appropriate. Obviously, now we realize what the consequences are. America needs to learn to unit against the nuts that will, yes they will, ruin this country!!!

•  Charlie should have run as a Democrat BUT (4+ / 0-)
          SemDem, OleHippieChick, tari, Matt Z

Because there was a good chance in a head to head battle with Rubio, Crist would have won.  However, I blame that on Crist, not Meek.  Meek was the only bonified Democrat candidate.  Also, what everyone seems to forget is that Marco Rubio won with a majority (over 50%) of the vote, not a plurality.

Rick Scott won with a plurality in a very close contest.

More tax cuts would be gluttony in a time of starvation. That is not America. That is a nation about to be plundered, and a people laid to waste. - Charles Blow

by gulfgal98 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 09:20:54 AM PDT

•  I, too, blame the voters. With the Internet, plus (4+ / 0-)

a little bit of research that takes a mere half-hour or less, there's no excuse for being a "low-information" voter in this day and age.

Proud owner of an unincorporated uterus. :)

by boofdah on Mon Jun 13, 2011 at 07:58:41 AM PDT