View Diary: I’m Sorry Uncle Marcus I'll Never Do It Again (227 comments)

•  Only you can embarrass yourself. (0+ / 0-)

And you're succeeding.

To every millionaire who decries they don't want their grandchildren paying for the deficit, I say: PAY MORE TAXES NOW and your grandkids won't have a deficit burden.

by gooderservice on Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 08:43:48 PM PDT

•  He's not the one doing that.... (16+ / 0-)

How about you just say "Welcome back" and leave it at that?

"We have only the moral ground we actually inhabit, not the moral ground we claim." - It Really Is That Important

by Diogenes2008 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 08:44:40 PM PDT

•  That would conflict with the prime directive (18+ / 0-)

taunt and harass AAs on DailyKOS until the very last one here, leaves.

•  I don't welcome him back when speaking (0+ / 0-)

about politics.

I replied to you in another comment that explains that.

by gooderservice on Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 09:04:19 PM PDT

•  From one interaction? (10+ / 0-)

Seriously?

Check my reply above.

by Diogenes2008 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 09:16:32 PM PDT

•  Did you not read my other comment? (0+ / 0-)

If so, please tell me that you'd just shrug off such a comment from someone else.  I would find that hard to believe.

by gooderservice on Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 09:31:33 PM PDT

•  I might (8+ / 0-)

If I knew them. If I knew they were under fire. If I knew they might be having a bad day, or misunderstood.

Hell, I got in trouble with Keith on Twitter one day!! I think we got it sorted out (he didn't block me, in any case), but people do have misunderstandings.

Would it really hurt you to just welcome him back without all of the rest of this? Really?

by Diogenes2008 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 09:33:44 PM PDT

•  I could and would welcome him back to (0+ / 0-)

the political part of DK, but after what he said to me, I would need an apology first, which I don't think will ever be forthcoming.

Moving on:  You got in trouble with Keith?  What happened?  Do tell, if you care to.

by gooderservice on Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 09:39:15 PM PDT

•  It wasn't that big of a deal... (11+ / 0-)

There were actually two instances.

One I don't really remember the background on, but I asked him a question that others were asking... but I tried to ask it in such a way (in 140 characters) that he'd know that I stood with him on it. Twitter can be a real lesson in precision! He countered, I responded, and then I asked him if we were still "good" and he said yes.

I think my heart was pounding, though.  :)

Second one was when a friend of his was sick. He posted a link to his baseball blog, where he talked about his friend. In that blog was a link to an SI article about the man, where it mentioned that he liked sunsets still, even though the pain he was in was pretty bad. Somehow in my mind, I confused Keith's blog post with the SI article.

Saw a really beautiful sunset while I was out cleaning the lake, said something about that to Keith, and said I was thinking about his friend.

He said "Sorry. I mentioned no such friend."

I found out later he was right, and I was wrong... apologized and explained. Don't know if he saw it or not. Ah, the perils of Twitter... :) But I'm glad he's out there, and I'm really happy that he talks to us sometimes. I know it has to be difficult with that many people talking at him, but he still tries.

But see, that goes to my point here - words on a blog or on a Twitter page do NOT convey enough meaning sometimes. They just don't. And we always add our own bias to what we read. We can't get inside the head of the person writing it, and see the added context that would be supplied.

So yeah... sometimes it's a good idea to give people the benefit of the doubt, and perhaps just let old grudges slide.

Beside, the damned things are heavy, and hard to carry for any length of time. :)

by Diogenes2008 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 at 10:06:34 PM PDT

•  You are the one that chooses to cherish... (8+ / 0-)

your hatred.  There have been no times that you mistook a person for someone else?  Or the intent of their actions?  Or even accidentally lashed out at someone that did you no harm?

If that person you accidentally harmed decided to immediately and forevermore attack you.  Would you feel any desire to make amends or would you think that you were right with your initial assessment and that the person is indeed an asshole.

A person's character is measured by how they treat everyone. Not just your pet group.

by Tempus Figits on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 04:59:35 AM PDT

•  Who gives a shit what you think? (9+ / 0-)

Honestly?

You once deliberately misquoted me to make me look like I'm racist against white people.  No one here cares about what you feel about Adept, so ... take it up with Andrew Breitbart.

All I see is these fake fucks with no fangs tryin' to draw blood from my ice-cold veins. - Jay-Z

by fou on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 07:30:54 AM PDT

•  Link? (0+ / 0-)

by gooderservice on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 11:29:46 AM PDT

•  Oh what, you need proof? (4+ / 0-)
              Tempus Figits, doroma, foufou, princss6

Are you trying to make sure that my claim isn't "baseless"?  Go find the link yourself, you bastard.  I'm not in the mood to accomodate you and all the other members of the "I'm-white-and-I-have-the-right-to-evaluate-whether-or-not-charges-of-racism-leveled-by-a-black-person-are-legitimate" crowd.

by fou on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 11:44:41 AM PDT

•  Bastard? (0+ / 0-)

You make an accusastion about me and yes I asked for proof, but now I"m the bastard.

Thanks for sharing what you really think:

It's best to not even deal with someone like you.

by gooderservice on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 12:44:53 PM PDT

•  You're right. (4+ / 0-)
                  tytalus, doroma, foufou, princss6

You shouldn't deal with someone like me.  I'm not going to give you a pass while you're running around here offering your paternalistic opinion of Albert when you deliberately misrepresented my words.

There are plenty of other "nice" black people who would let you have your cake and eat it to because they relish your bankrupt "approval".

I am not one of them.

by fou on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 03:27:08 PM PDT

•  Sorry, but under no circumstances will (0+ / 0-)

I be dealing with you because you're Black.

However, I will respond to your comments when you're being hypocritical.

Oh, and thanks for the link that proves something in your mind.  Understood.

Ewww.

There are plenty of other "nice" black people

I'm sorry, I can't help you.  Your issues are your issues, not mine.

by gooderservice on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 05:28:41 PM PDT

•  Whatever. (2+ / 0-)
                      doroma, princss6

You're a racist lying sack of shit.  I could give a fuck what you think about me.

by fou on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 05:40:35 PM PDT

•  Uh-oh, I just realized that my comment could (0+ / 0-)

be and certainly would be misinterpreted by some poeple here.

Thanks for replying to me so that I had the opportunity to reread my comment.

I said:

Sorry, but under no circumstances will I be dealing with you because you're Black

In rereading my comment, I can see where it would be interpreted to mean that I won't deal with a Black person, which is obviously not what I meant.

My comment:

I obviously meant that I'm not going to couch any of my responses or comments to you based on the fact that you're Black -- I will be replying and commenting on the content of your comment and not replying to anything you say based on your race, which you seem to include in many of your comments on the fact you're Black.

by gooderservice on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 05:48:58 PM PDT

•  Well, I think you do give a fuck (0+ / 0-)

about what people think of you.  Otherwise, you wouldn't waste your time replying.

You're a racist lying sack of shit.

That's certainly one way to cause a distraction -- to call people racists.  But whatever, if that makes you feel better.

by gooderservice on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 05:50:30 PM PDT

•  Why is expressing (3+ / 0-)
      Adept2u, Tempus Figits, foufou

your true feelings embarassing.

It isn't.

~a little change goes a long way~

by missliberties on Sat Jun 18, 2011 at 06:12:03 AM PDT

•  Go find someone (4+ / 0-)
      Adept2u, princss6, Tempus Figits, foufou

else to mock and deride.

Surely you have more constructive things.

~a little change goes a long way~

• Media (23)
  • Economy (23)
  • Politics (22)
  • Texas (21)
  • Rescued (21)
  • Barack Obama (19)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site