View Diary: NYT Sunday FP Story: White House Spin Control On The Pfeiffer “Kerfuffle.” (A Teachable Moment.) (238 comments)

•  The "Professional Left" moniker... (14+ / 0-)

... didn't come from a fortune cookie.

Regards,
    Corporate Dog

-----
    We didn't elect Obama to be an expedient president. We elected him to be a great one. -- Eugene Robinson

by Corporate Dog on Sun Jun 19, 2011 at 06:22:38 PM PDT

•  from where did "Obamabot and "cheerleader" come? (1+ / 0-)
      FiredUpInCA

"Wake the town and tell the people!" ~Ewart Beckford, O.D.

by mallyroyal on Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 08:31:00 AM PDT

•  An internet forum. Wake me when that's newsworthy. (1+ / 0-)
        ohmyheck

Or for that matter, when internet fora gain the ability to shape the news with any frequency or control.

'Cause I can't WAIT to call my first press conference.

You can even sit in the front row, mally! I'll give you Helen Thomas' old spot!

Regards,
        Corporate Dog

-----

by Corporate Dog on Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 08:59:23 AM PDT

•  and thats when you'll be a member of the (0+ / 0-)

PROFESSIONAL left.  as of now, you're an amateur.

so gibbs was never talking about you.

see how it works?

and yep I'd helen thomas the hell outta your ass lol.  I'm quite sure after that first conf you'd freeze me out.

"Wake the town and tell the people!" ~Ewart Beckford, O.D.

by mallyroyal on Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 09:08:35 AM PDT

•  Heh. OK. I'll bite. (1+ / 0-)
            Just Bob

Who's this "Professional Left", that the White House sought to demean, and which (despite whatever you're implying) I never suggested I was a member of?

Markos and his FP Staff?
            Dr. Krugman?
            Dr. West?
            Keith and Rachel?

Regards,
            Corporate Dog

-----

by Corporate Dog on Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 10:26:09 AM PDT

•  I thought Republicans were the Right and (0+ / 0-)

Democrats were the Left. That would, of course, imply that any elected Democrat would be a member of the professional Left.

With deep regret I'll add a snark tag to that statement.

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 10:32:52 AM PDT

•  who gets PAID to write opinion from the left? (1+ / 0-)
              Escamillo

or speak it?

that's always been the answer.

"Wake the town and tell the people!" ~Ewart Beckford, O.D.

by mallyroyal on Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 11:23:49 AM PDT

•  They get PAID? Bite your tongue! (0+ / 0-)

If they wrote legislation instead of opinion, and had campaign coffers instead of direct deposit accounts, and lobbyists instead of employers, I might see why the White House would be so very, very offended by the notion of an element of the press that doesn't exist to mimeograph their press releases.

Regards,
                Corporate Dog

-----

by Corporate Dog on Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 11:47:16 AM PDT

•  ROFL what were we talking about again? (0+ / 0-)

right you asked me a question, I answered it, you springboarded off that to... I dunno where lol.

"Wake the town and tell the people!" ~Ewart Beckford, O.D.

by mallyroyal on Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 12:00:26 PM PDT

•  Satrap promised that Obama wouldn't relabel... (1+ / 0-)
                    Just Bob

... NN as a gathering of bloggers having a tantrum, on account of Pfeiffer talking out of his ass, and being called on it.

I reminded Satrap that the Obama administration likes to demean its critics on the left, and was in fact responsible for the "Professional Left" moniker.

YOU took it WAAAAAY into left field, by whining about cutesy blog putdowns.

I reminded you that this diary was about the power of White House media spin; a power that nobody here actually has, in comparison with the White House.

You offered me another non sequitur: Corporate Dog isn't the Professional Left!

"So who is?", I asked.

"People who get PAID to offer criticism!", you said.

And then I mocked you and the White House, suggesting that Obama should be more worried about legislators who take money in exchange for lobbyist-friendly legislation, than about opinion-columnists and media pundits, who receive a paycheck for their work.

Is that Cliff Notes enough for you?

Regards,
                    Corporate Dog

-----

by Corporate Dog on Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 01:30:53 PM PDT

•  thats how you read what happened? (0+ / 0-)

ok lets take this slow.

you started conflating bloggers and 'the professional left' right about here:

because, as you say... satrap was talking about bloggers:

Satrap promised that Obama wouldn't relabel...

... NN as a gathering of bloggers having a tantrum,

I just followed your lead.  you're the one who lead us away from center field.

take your time with that.  digest it.  if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

"Wake the town and tell the people!" ~Ewart Beckford, O.D.

by mallyroyal on Mon Jun 20, 2011 at 02:57:19 PM PDT

•  Let's use actual quotes. (0+ / 0-)

leftykook:

How long before we hear... (14+ / 0-)

"...White House decries blogger tantrum in Minneapolis"

satrap:

You won't. Come (1+ / 0-)
                        on.   Do you really think that little of President Obama, reallY?

Me:

The "Professional Left" moniker... (13+ / 0-)
                        ... didn't come from a fortune cookie.

I suppose there's room to take that how you took that. So if you want to score some sort of completely irrelevant rhetorical point here, for suggesting that I mistook the amateur blogosphere for Gibbs' target when he said "Professional Left", by all means, mally, have a Rhetorical Point, a cookie, and a tussle on the head.

Regards,