View Diary: This Is Why I Give Nothing to the DNC (261 comments)

•  Do they ever pass that information on to the (1+ / 0-)
    Zack from the SFV

higher ups?

I make sure and tell them why every time they ask.

I do, too, but since some of the people calling for donations are not employees of the DNC, is it possible that they're instructed not to bother to write down complaints, or at least have a check-off list?

I wonder how that works, if the outside company has to make a quota, and if the people who call us don't get any donations, do they lose their jobs?

I'd be interested to know how the whole things works.

To every millionaire who decries they don't want their grandchildren paying for the deficit, I say: PAY MORE TAXES NOW and your grandkids won't have a deficit burden.

by gooderservice on Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 10:07:11 AM PDT

•  We just got a DNC call this morning (2+ / 0-)
      gooderservice, COBALT1928

and it was clear it was a fundraising contractor not DNC volunteers or staff. My father took the call but no money changed hands.

I'm not a Limousine Liberal; I am a Prius Progressive

by Zack from the SFV on Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 12:27:32 PM PDT

•  Your father is a smart man;) (2+ / 0-)
        Zack from the SFV, COBALT1928

by gooderservice on Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 12:40:50 PM PDT

•  yes he is (1+ / 0-)
          gooderservice

He is 94 years young and first voted for FDR in 1940. I think he has voted Democratic for president every time since except Henry Wallace in 1948 and Barry Commoner in 1980. I am not sure who he went for in 2000 but we live in CA so it didn't matter. He is the "conservative" in the household--in the '04 primary he was for Edwards while my mom and I were for Kucinich...

I'm not a Limousine Liberal; I am a Prius Progressive

by Zack from the SFV on Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 01:58:11 PM PDT

•  Oh, that's so funny to say that he's the (2+ / 0-)
            Zack from the SFV, COBALT1928

conservative and voted for Edwards ;)

I'm sorry to say that my dad didn't make it as far as yours did.   He was a lifelong Democrat.  I wonder which Democrat he would have voted for.

He was a rebel for sure, so it's tough to say.  (Maybe some day I'll get to ask him ;)

You're very, very lucky, as I'm sure you already know ;)

by gooderservice on Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 02:20:06 PM PDT

•  I probably should have said "moderate" (2+ / 0-)
              gooderservice, COBALT1928

He is only a conservative in the sense of conserving natural resources, civil rights, etc. He was a weather forecaster in North Africa in "The War" and is a retired PhD physicist. Those damn scientists, they don't vote GOP enough...lol

I'm not a Limousine Liberal; I am a Prius Progressive

by Zack from the SFV on Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 03:00:05 PM PDT

•  I knew what you meant ;) (2+ / 0-)
                Zack from the SFV, COBALT1928

If you don't mind me asking, have you taken any videos of him talking about his experiences in the war and related issues?

We're doing that with our relatives, providing they still remember.  I'm truly sorry we didn't do that sooner.

by gooderservice on Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 03:10:43 PM PDT

•  no videos (1+ / 0-)
                  gooderservice

but lots of conversations. Recently it was interesting to hear about his memories of living in Tunisia for a year.

Also it is fascinating to know more about Los Angeles in the first half of the 20th century. Yeah he is a native Californian.  But now we are getting into the territory of "my father is so old that..." as in "he was born on Martin Luther King's birthday 12 years before MLK."  and there are a few others, all true.

I'm not a Limousine Liberal; I am a Prius Progressive

by Zack from the SFV on Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 05:44:44 PM PDT

•  Videotape -- right now. (1+ / 0-)
                    Zack from the SFV

It will be a treasure for generations to come.

by gooderservice on Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 05:47:12 PM PDT