View Diary: Herman Cain: Jon Stewart attacked me because "I'm black" (208 comments)

•  ? (0+ / 0-)

I don't understand -- you don't think that's a racist headline from Fox.

•  Not interested in conversing with someone... (4+ / 0-)
      soothsayer99, blindyone, conlakappa, raina

who goes on pushing that meme that false charges of racism are brought around here...

Or someone who can only see racism on the right.

Sorry, maybe another day.

Note:  I would suggest folks be very careful with how this is handled.  the lolly gagging and sense of euphoria over a black republican saying he was a victim of racism is but a proxy in my mind of what happens here when racism is raised.

I think a valuable discussion can be had but i don't see it developping here with the hoe-down coalescing and the confirmation bias that black people make false allegations of racism.

LOD did it vis-a-vis Michael Steele so it does happen.

I for one am tired of pandering to perpetrators --- many of whom are opposed to any discussion however it comes. -- soothsayer99 DPK Caucus

by princss6 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 10:32:44 AM PDT

•  The only person (0+ / 0-)

is this thread who has cited a false charge of racism at Daily Kos is Mally. Speak to him.

And while you're at it, stop lying about me.

•  And of course... (2+ / 0-)
          soothsayer99, conlakappa

dmiz the self-admitted white guy who works and lives in all-white bastions is the arbiter of what is and isn't racist.

Like I said...not interested...go play the poor oppressed white dude that really, really cares some place else.

by princss6 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 10:38:20 AM PDT

•  I said stop lying about me (0+ / 0-)

I do admit that I'm white.  But I don't live and work in all-white bastions, far from it. I live in a heavily integrated middle class neighborhood and the place I work is also mixed. I work closely with Muslims (although my organization is much too white, especially for a human rights organization.) I've also (though not right now) worked with people coming out of prison, many of them people of color. None of this tells you much about who I am, but since you're raising and misrepresenting facts about my life, there it is.

Blindyone did the same thing the other day: lied about my life.

It's funny: You're probably one of those who staged a freakout when a some people here misrepresented the life facts of m. overdrive. Well, you're doing the same thing. Stop lying please.

•  Didn't you post... (2+ / 0-)
              blindyone, conlakappa

that your world is pretty much all white, david?

I think it was less than a month ago that you posted that...now you live and work in this racially diverse place...I know you did because you were talking about where you worked...you don't remember that comment?

"staged" - oh really?  Word choice is interesting in it's implication.

by princss6 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 10:49:29 AM PDT

•  No, not at all (0+ / 0-)

I said the the place where my father in law used to work (The Nation) -- where I've never been -- and the place for which my wife makes films (Frontline) where I've never been, and the place I work are all much too white. I did so for making a point about the unbearable whiteness of "liberal" institutions. (The place I used to work, Vera Institute of Justice, was more integrated.)

Now, make no mistake: I benefit from privilege, white and otherwise. I come from a solidly middle class background, which allowed me to become solidly middle class -- world-wise I've won the lottery. And the fact that I live among, work with, and know people of color of course doesn't mitigate my privilege and racial prejudice. But it does mean that I'm not going to put up with claims that my world is, as blindy put it, overwhelmingly white and affluent. It's not.

Sorry for the "staged" phrasing. I have no reason to question the sincerity of the offended people.

•  fine... (3+ / 0-)
                  blindyone, mallyroyal, conlakappa

don't put up with claims that your world is blindly white but I'm not going to put up with claims from someone who...

...regarding race and racism.  Not happening.

by princss6 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 11:12:05 AM PDT

•  I didn't ask you too (0+ / 0-)

Nor, though, should you dismiss my claims because of my life facts. My claims should rise or fall on their own merits, or lack thereof.

Incidentally, that quote you quotes isn't exactly correct. I should have said "negate," not mitigate, but you get the point.

There are also people of color, including black people, in my extended family. So what? Well, exactly. So what?

•  Really? (1+ / 0-)
                      conlakappa
                      There are also people of color, including black people, in my extended family.

Mine, too!  And?  So what?

You are dismissed on race by me for a multitude of reasons.  First, there isn't a charge of racism that you haven't seen yet that you haven't deemed "a false charge of racism."  At least in regards to here on this blog.

Your background is the context you provided.  I'm telling you based on what you have said on this blog and accounting for the context of your background you've provided, you are not credible on the issue.

But you will continue to dismiss and diminish black folks naming their reality no matter and who you are related to has got not a wit to do with it.  That you think it does is very telling.

by princss6 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 11:24:53 AM PDT

•  You are a poser when it comes to (3+ / 0-)
              princss6, conlakappa, soothsayer99

talking about what is or isn't racist. And, you are a poser when it comes to talking about working class/ poor people.

Another opinion of mine that you can add to your collection.

Erase the Hypocrisy, Erase the Denialism, Erase the Racism

by blindyone on Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 11:21:12 AM PDT

•  you mean the only person who has cited a false (4+ / 0-)

claim of racism while commenting in this thread.

because I'm damn sure not the only person in the thread that's made that charge, ever.  (looking at you pointedly)

"Wake the town and tell the people!" ~Ewart Beckford, O.D.

by mallyroyal on Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 11:06:19 AM PDT

•  So then why reply to him? (1+ / 0-)
        david mizner

Seriously...

The Patriot Act: IOKIYAD!

by Beelzebud on Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 10:44:48 AM PDT

•  Because I'm getting mighty tired... (3+ / 0-)
          mallyroyal, blindyone, evergreen2

of the duplicity around here of folks falling all over themselves with regards to race, all the while pushing a lie that black folks on dkos are making false claims of racism.

And I'm getting tired of the deflection as well which is what david was trying to do.  Look over here, let's not critique white supremacy on the left when the Republicans are doing this.

So yeah, I replied because I'm tired of the faux anti-racist brigade when people are still discounting and dismissing racism on the left (that would be you, David!)

by princss6 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 10:52:10 AM PDT

• Recommended (141)
  • Community (70)
  • Civil Rights (26)
  • Elections (26)
  • Environment (26)
  • Media (25)
  • Culture (25)
  • Law (24)
  • Memorial Day (24)
  • Science (23)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (22)
  • Labor (21)
  • Economy (20)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Rescued (19)
  • Marriage Equality (18)
  • Climate Change (17)
  • Republicans (17)
  • Education (17)
  • Ireland (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site