View Diary: When You Govern with Contempt (146 comments)

•  I'm half tempted (0+ / 0-)

to vote against Obama in 2012 just for the purpose of cancelling out your vote, which is an indication of just how much contempt that I have for you and your fellow Obama-defending fascists.  Part of me even hopes Obama loses despite how bad things will be for me and everyone else in this country just because I know that things will be that bad for you too.  And that seeing Obama lose would absolutely crush you and your merry band of apologists.  That schadenfreude is precisely what will get me through the hard times if Obama does lose.

Arrrr, the laws of science be a harsh mistress. -Bender B. Rodriguez

by democracy inaction on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 06:30:08 PM PDT

•  Oh, so now I am able to glean more insight (2+ / 0-)
      Kiamichi, MKSinSA

into your response below.

You may be somewhat unstable with regards to actual policy discussions possibly prone to extreme actions - as if any disagreements are highly personal, extreme emotional attacks against all of society as you define such.  You are the firewall protecting all that is good.

"Someone on the Internet is wrong!" and you may as well do something rather irrational in response - because, that's intended to prove . . . well, who the heck knows.  That you're capable of acting out like a child?

Apparently, you've grouped me into one of the two polarized camps in your limited worldview - good choice, there.

"So, please stay where you are. Don't move and don't panic. Don't take off your shoes! Jobs is on the way."

by wader on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 06:49:23 PM PDT

•  You're calling ME (0+ / 0-)

unstable and extremely emotional?  Did you even read your own unstable and extremely emotional comment?

Talk about self-unaware.

Arrrr, the laws of science be a harsh mistress. -Bender B. Rodriguez

by democracy inaction on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 07:08:05 PM PDT

•  Er, I'm feeling rather calm, actually (2+ / 0-)
          Kiamichi, MKSinSA

I just can't take you seriously at the moment - you can't even respond with content, just odd, hyperventilating bluster.

Sure, it's true that even responding to extremists by calling them out for what they do makes the responder seem extreme in a moderate worldview, but that's issues we have with Republicans and I've used to such false comparisons.

by wader on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 07:11:54 PM PDT

•  I am responding appropriately (0+ / 0-)

to someone that blames the voters, it is such an effective form of activism (see: 2010 election results).  The proper way to respond to something that ridiculous is ridicule.

I fart in your general direction.

Arrrr, the laws of science be a harsh mistress. -Bender B. Rodriguez

by democracy inaction on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 07:31:41 PM PDT

•  Immaturity is meant to impress me? (2+ / 0-)
              Kiamichi, MKSinSA

Of course the voters are partly to blame.  I said "partly" and justified it in two comments within this diary.  The democratic process is a chain of factors towards leaders becoming elected, not just a selection of royalty.

Have you ever been a conservative and/or Republican, and know what it feels like to go along with that crowd?  Then, how it feels to realize later on what you had done, felt and said while in that thrall?

I have and will mention the experience here at times when it seems appropriate - there's an enforced, cultural bubble around the voters that's based on mutually agreed upon ignorance and elitism, stemming mostly from subscription to shared biases.

I've said it many times before, in various ways: conservatives will only realize the damage of their voting habits after their leadership hits them squarely between the eyes multiple times, then turns their back and shows it never mattered to them at all.  By the time many of these voters allow themselves to wake into reality, it'll be far too late for doing much good.  Until then, they'll sustain the cognitive dissonance for as long as it takes to remain in the good graces of their likewise fear-driven peers.

I got out - others can, too.  Until then, I feel sorry for them and the other people upon whom their votes are indirectly inflicting pain.

Tell me about your background experience in this realm, perhaps.  Maybe you can win some respect back.

by wader on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 07:42:20 PM PDT

•  It's better to keep one's mouth shut and be (0+ / 0-)

thought as an idiot than to open it and confirm the suspicion.

One bitter fact is two bit hacks populate the third rate fourth estate who are truly the fifth columnists. So, how did Obama piss you off today ?
      Call the media when they Lie

by amk for obama on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 08:07:08 PM PDT