View Diary: Michele Bachmann: 'I hope' higher unemployment helps my campaign (95 comments)

•  How does this comment not end her campaign? (1+ / 0-)
    history first

And yes, at least she's being honest. I'll be honest too: if Obama rolls back SSI and Medicair, I will vote for the Republican, even if it's Bachman. I daresay ESPECIALLY if it's Bachman, because I highly doubt she'd be able to accomplish much, and the effect would be chilling on Republicans' reputations.

But hey, maybe I'm just biased against Obama because I'm unemployed. To that question, I devised a little survey that I will run stata tests on overnight. Please take a moment and help make the results more robust by taking this poll.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

by tote on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 07:36:24 AM PDT

•  I like the poll, and I voted in it, (0+ / 0-)

but out of curiosity, what is there to be learned in Stata from a voluntary-response poll? I'm curious to see the simple results (since you essentially built two variables into each answer choice, the results will automatically be in crosstab form), but any more sophisticated analysis would come with the heavy caveat that they would be generated from a non-probability sample.

Families is where a nation finds hope, where wings take dream.

by cardinal on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 07:40:32 AM PDT

•  Precisely, with the strong caveat (1+ / 0-)
        cardinal

The main benefit of stata is that I can generate charts. But you're right, as far as correlation is concerned, it would require a lot of responses and a fair amount of luck for any statistically significant results to be predictive of the community as a whole. That's why I'm peddling this as much as I can, so at least I can say I tried. My sense is that the results are going uncorrellated anyway, judging by the current responses. But we;ll see. Thanks for responding!

by tote on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 07:44:01 AM PDT

•  Brilliant plan (7+ / 0-)

vote for a crazy Republican who will have the power to appoint Supreme Court justices, push through a theocratic agenda because if Obama goes down -- so will more Democrats in Congress.

And of course, the Republicans have had zero to do with the miserable jobs situation because they've worked so hard this year to push through a number of jobs bills and have been thwarted by Democrats.

Thank god this site and others like it represent a miniscule number of voters.

" My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total." Barbara Jordan, 1974

by gchaucer2 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 07:43:23 AM PDT

•  It should end her campaign (5+ / 0-)

and likely will if it gets repeated enough.  She just gave her opponent all the ammunition they need against her.

"My father always told me that all businessmen were sons of bitches, but I never believed it until now." - JFK during the 1962 Steel Crisis

by Betty Pinson on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 07:52:58 AM PDT

•  No Republican can or will use it against her (0+ / 0-)

Which is why it is so great, should she win the nod, Obama will use it over and over again in the fall of 2012.

Teh stoopidTM, it hurts. Buy smart, union-printed, USA-made, signs, stickers, swag for everyone: DemSign.com.

by DemSign on Fri Jul 08, 2011 at 08:55:06 AM PDT