View Diary: Elizabeth Warren - I never wanted the chairmanship (127 comments)

•  I didnt call you a shill (0+ / 0-)

Just asked if you really believe what you were saying or were getting paid.

Clearly you are not getting paid lol.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" -- Von Goethe

by Lawguy101 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 11:44:31 AM PDT

•  Wha? (5+ / 0-)

So you think asking someone if they believe what they say or are they getting paid is not calling them a shill?

Well then allow me to apologize and offer you the opportunity to explain what you meant by the question then.

"I honor the place in you where Spirit lives I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Truth, of Light, of Peace, when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, then we are One." Namaste friends!

by Adept2u on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 11:50:07 AM PDT

•  Forget it (1+ / 0-)
        Giles Goat Boy

You are not a shill.

When I checked in today after a long break, I just couldn't believe anyone was actually naive enough to buy all this Obama spin about Warren.  But after further reading, there are a lot of people here that are that naive.

So I take it back.  You're not a shill.  Just naive.

by Lawguy101 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 12:02:14 PM PDT

•  Naive? (5+ / 0-)

What are you?  The woman just said that she didn't want the job, and it sounds like she didn't want it because she is considering running for the Senate, and did not ever intend on making a 5 year commitment.  So, what is a person that continues to hold a viewpoint that has been disproved by fact?

by Adept2u on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 12:05:55 PM PDT

•  She did??? (0+ / 0-)
            The woman just said that she didn't want the job

Please provide me a link to THAT quote.

by Lawguy101 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 12:07:15 PM PDT

•  RTFD n/t (4+ / 0-)
              Cedwyn, Deep Texan, CoyoteMarti, malharden

by Adept2u on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 12:08:24 PM PDT

•  RTFD and this comment: (3+ / 0-)
              Deep Texan, CoyoteMarti, malharden

My goal is to make the world safe for anarchy. - 4Freedom

by Cedwyn on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 12:25:32 PM PDT

•  Andrea Mitchell asked her if she's disappointed (3+ / 0-)
              Deep Texan, CoyoteMarti, malharden

that she didn't get the job at the agency that was her baby, and Rich Cordray got it instead.

She replies

Ohhhhhh, let's be clear here. I've have a chance see this thing come to life, and Richard Cordray is one of the first people I recruited to be part of the team to stand it up. He's tough, he's smart - it's exactly what we need. It's a new chapter for the consumer agency, and I couldn't be more proud.

That doesn't sound like someone who wanted the job. That doesn't sound like someone who is upset. That sounds like someone who was able to appoint the person she wanted to name after she got to do the important creation of the CFPB.

In that same interview she later said that she's incredibly happy that she gets to go home and get away from this fight.

So yeah, she did say that she didn't want the job. She told that to Obama via Barney Frank last year too.

•  Fine, (1+ / 0-)
                CoyoteMarti

You can believe that her saying she is happy with Cordray means she never wanted the job if it makes you feel better.

Just because she doesn't sound upset, doesn't mean she didn't want the job.  You are grasping at straws.

by Lawguy101 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 12:35:34 PM PDT

•  Mitchell asks her if she's disappointed (0+ / 0-)

And she says that not only is she not disappointed that she isn't going to head her "baby", but she's thrilled that someone else is, and that's because the one who is being nominated is her hand-picked choice!

So, she gets her hand-picked choice, and she's not disappointed that she's not getting the job, and somehow YOU don't think that one can come to the conclusion that she didn't want the job?

Really?

The person grasping at straws would be you. The folks divorced from reality would be those who've been ignoring the evidence from the very beginning over a year ago.

She said that she didn't want the 5 year position before she got the position she did get.

She said she simply wanted to have the role to set the thing up before she got the role to set the thing up.

In the past year, she's said repeatedly that she didn't want the job.

When she didn't get the job, she praised the person she picked as the best person to have gotten the job, and she told us that she's thrilled to not have gotten the job!

Really, there's no way to reasonably portray this besides that she didn't want the job.

•  Everyone else is grasping at straws??!?! (0+ / 0-)

You are unbelievable. There are quotes and citations aplenty in this diary. You Tube clips and interviews spanning months and months.

But THOSE people are grasping.

Yeah, ok.

" 'You Rock?!?' (But been through less gravel.) My mystique suggests battle. And, what have You?" -Common

by malharden on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 01:12:39 PM PDT

•  quotes of what? (0+ / 0-)

NOWHERE in this diary is a quote that says "I never wanted the job," or anything even close to that.

All they are, are of her saying, stuff like, Cordray is a great guy.  Ive worked very hard for the CPFB and I am pleased he is going to be doing the job, etc. etc.

This is what is called not biting the hand that feeds you.  It is obvious that she is deliberately avoiding saying anything that would reflect badly on Obama, but it is just as obvious that she wanted the job.

by Lawguy101 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 01:28:17 PM PDT

•  No, it's not obvious she wanted the job (1+ / 0-)
                      Sharoney

In fact, there's no evidence whatsoever that she ever wanted the job.

She and Obama realized what was facing them, and neither of them wanted her to go for the job. She didn't want the job because of the circumstances and the outcomes!

She told Rachel Maddow this clearly tonight.

You're wrong. Totally!

•  So you are calling a person (0+ / 0-)

of great integrity, who put up with as much crap as anyone in the Administration, who is famous for NOT disseminating (sp?), a liar? Oh. I see.

[I really wanted to yell WTF??][oops, I just did]

There can be no deficit reduction without jobs, no jobs without growth, no growth without investment.

by CoyoteMarti on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 01:13:06 PM PDT

•  They just don't understand (0+ / 0-)

The Game, Lawguy. In the big arena, that's what game you play. She's pretty good at it.

•  Tonight on MSNBC (1+ / 0-)
              Sharoney

Elizabeth Warren clearly and in-depth explained how she and Obama both realized that the push-back from the Republicans was going to be intense and overwhelming, and so they didn't want to fight that fight.

So they both determined that she wasn't going to go after that position. She didn't want it, given the circumstances!

This ain't rocket science.

Go back now and read the title of my diary.

•  Adept... (1+ / 0-)
            SoCalSal

Law thinks the president is a Republican, so I won't take much stock into anything he says.

"Jesus, does President Obama start anything on time anymore? It's like being in a club and waiting for Lauryn Hill show to being."- The Rude Pundit live-whiskey blogging Obama's Big Damn Middle East Policy

by lcj98 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 12:16:16 PM PDT

•  you really ought to step back a little (1+ / 0-)
          Deep Texan

from the personal insults, 101, and get a grip on yourself.

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. --Mark Twain

by SottoVoce on Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 12:31:02 PM PDT

•  A distinction without a difference (2+ / 0-)
      mikejay611, Cedwyn

I swear, don't you understand that?

He didn't say Lawguy called me a "shill". He didn't quote you, so he never said that you used that particular word.

But if you suggested that he might be getting paid to push an opinion, that's the very definition of "shill"!