- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The general's legacy:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- The Descent of Republicans, by Mark Sumner
- Unskewed and undistinguished: The five most gloriously awful polls of 2012, by Steve Singiser
- Dear Macy’s, I’m cancelling my charge account, by Denise Oliver Velez
- To my fellow (100,000 or so) Americans wanting to secede: OK, thx buh bye, by Shanikka
- Emboldened, LGBT groups press forward on employment non-discrimination protection, by Scott Wooledge
- FEMA Aid For Sandy Relief Should /be A Part of 'Fiscal Cliff' Deal, by Armando
- 'Gifts': The legitimacy of self-interested voting, by Dante Atkins
- John McCain rewrites his epitaph, by Jon Perr
- The fourth annual Kossack-organized fund raiser to provide propane and portable heaters to the low-income communities living on South Dakota Indian reservations begins a blogathon today that will run through Sunday. The propane project, initiated by navajo and the Native American Netroots in the winter of 2009-2010 in the midst of a devastating ice storm, raised hundreds of thousands of dollars in assistance thanks to a mention by Keith Olbermann, then on MSNBC's Countdown. Since then, thousands of dollars have been raised each winter. Money is being sought specifically for the Pine Ridge Reservation and the Rosebud Indian Reservation, both of which border Nebraska in south-central South Dakota. Unfortunately, the problem is exacerbated by the policies of the state and federal governments and the failure of many mainstream charities to pay attention to Indian needs. Among the obstacles is the underfunded Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), a program that supplies enough money for three to four weeks of assistance for an often brutal winter season that runs three to four months. For the Rosebud, the organizers of the fund-raising drive have developed a relationship with an Indian-owned propane company whose owners know who most needs assistance and can make deliveries within a day of receiving money. You can watch for posts starting today that include "propane project" in the headline or read about the fund raiser and how to contribute in this Nov. 1 post by Kossack Aji.
- So, what has Mitt Romney been up to since being crushed on November 6? Not much:
Spotted: Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann, at a showing of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2" in Del Mar, Calif., on Saturday night, according to TMZ. Romney, an admitted fan of the "Twilight" series, owns a house nearby in La Jolla.
- Offered without comment:
Paula Broadwell, whose extramarital affair with CIA chief David Petraeus led to his resignation, is telling friends she is devastated by the fallout.
- Some teabaggers have a plan to make sure President Obama never serves a second term ... never mind that the plan is "inaccurate":
This election does not get decided until Mid-December when the Electoral College cast their votes.
According to Article II of the U.S. Constitution AND the 12th Amendment - if 1/3rd of the States do not cast their votes in the Electoral College -- then the matter falls onto the House of Representatives to choose the President.
In other words -- if we pressure Congressmen, State Party Officials, and groups such as Tea Party Patriots, Heritage Foundation, etc., to call on RED States to NOT have their Electors cast their vote -- then the House of Reps CAN choose the next President!!!!!
The democrats are stealing this election and it is up to WE, the people, to put the hammer down on their widespread vote-fraud. The founding-fathers gave us the Electoral College for several reasons.
Vote-Fraud is one of those reasons.
But it is up to us to hold tightly to the Constitution. If we don’t – then we are just as guilty as those who would ignore it.
The Constitution can stop the socialist machine in its' tracks.
- Here's a different kind of Republican:
Lance Gilman is a thriving businessman with dozens of employees. That those workers include a good many prostitutes didn't faze the people of a rural Nevada county who recently elected him as a Storey County commissioner by a wide margin.
The Mustang Ranch brothel owner is the first such owner to win election to public office in Nevada since prostitution was legalized here in 1971, Nevada historian Guy Rocha said. And he's believed to be the first to do so in the state's 148-year history.
- Shoot me:
How will it be for Sen. Joseph Lieberman after he retires from the U.S. Senate this year? His critics will be unmerciful for a while ... Yet I would wager that in the rear view mirror of history, Lieberman will look much, much better ... To break out, we need to restore a culture in which our leaders are smart enough to think for themselves, brave enough to stand up for their beliefs and tough enough to accept the consequences. What clearer example will we have than Joe Lieberman's half-century in the public arena?
- Apparently, he didn't (get over it):
If they aren’t the biggest drama queens around, these anti-gays.
In the UK, a bus driver refused to get on his bus, and left passengers stranded, because an advertisement on the side of it read: “Some people are gay. Get over it!”
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: