You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as
is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
One diary daily maximum.
Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries
that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
The headline made you click didn't it? Yes, I have learned from the Huffington Post/AOL website, yes I have.
Anyway, as the less-than Honorable Allen West parades himself into the sunset, I thought I would provide a short list of some of the things Mr. Allen West has provided to his district. Except I couldn't find any. Except if you count FL taxpayer money spent on his egotistical and wrong-headed effort to force recount after recount so that an air of suspicion can linger over the legally elected Patrick Murphy. I'll take the cue from certain GOP governors and just call that "negative savings" for the people of Florida.
What I did find, however, were all sorts of poorly constructed websites filled with misspelled words that were dedicated to following Allen West around and documenting his, err, "accomplishments" from a Tea Party perspective. These notable quotes have been taken from a cross section of these sites which have, like a broccoli fart in a crowded room, certainly added to our value as a society.
I picked 5 quotes out of the bag at random (well not really, some were better than others). Vote for the best!
1. WEST: We need you to come in and lock shields, and strengthen up the men who are going to the fight for you. To let these other women know on the other side — these planned Parenthood women, the Code Pink women, and all of these women that have been neutering American men and bringing us to the point of this incredible weakness — to let them know that we are not going to have our men become subservient. That’s what we need you to do. Because if you don’t, then the debt will continue to grow…deficits will continue to grow.
2. WEST: Obama is the weakest and most ineffective person to ever occupy the White House
3. WEST: I must confess, when I see anyone with an Obama 2012 bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool.
4. WEST: If Joseph Goebbels was around, he’d be very proud of the Democrat party, because they have an incredible propaganda machine.
5. WEST: I believe there’s about 78 to 81 members of the Democrat Party who are members of the Communist Party. It’s called the Congressional Progressive Caucus.