- Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is The evolutionary path from domestic cats to lolcats:
- The theme for the January 21 inauguration of President Obama has been announced:
Just as President Obama’s reelection campaign adopted a forward-looking focus, his second inauguration will also ask the nation to look ahead.
Congressional organizers of the presidential inauguration announced Thursday that the theme of next year’s festivities will be “Faith in America’s Future,” a focus similar to the “Forward” theme that Obama used during the closing months of his campaign.
- Probably the only flip-flop Mitt Romney will ever disagree with:
Eric Hartsburg, the 30-year-old resident of Michigan City, Ind., inked the Romney/Ryan campaign’s distinctive “R” logo on his face this fall to support the Republican ticket. Hartsburg put the space on his face up for sale on eBay and was paid $5,000 to get the 5-by-2-inch tattoo. After the Romney-Paul Ryan ticket lost on Nov. 6, Hartsburg had no regrets, telling POLITICO he was “glad to know that I did all that I could” and insisting he would never have the tat removed.
But he’s had a change of heart.
Hartsburg tells POLITICO he plans to get the tattoo lasered off, a process that could take a year.
- The first Washington DC Costco opened today, and Vice President Joe Biden was there:
- President Obama has had a fish named after him: Etheostoma Obama, the Spangled Darter
- It's hard to imagine this:
David Axelrod is going to have a lonely upper lip.
Next week, the top strategist for President Barack Obama will lose his mustache of 40 years on national television, it was announced on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday.
Earlier this month, Axelrod agreed to shave his mustache on “Morning Joe” if the show’s hosts could raise $1 million for epilepsy charity he founded. At a fundraiser last night in Boston, the campaign hit the $1 million mark.
- Note to Republican primary voters: Here's what happens when Newt Gingrich loses:
Tiffany & Co.'s fiscal third-quarter earnings slid 30% as the high-end jewelry retailer continued to record weaker margins, weighed down by high precious-metal and diamond costs.
- Best wishes for a speedy recovery:
Former President George H.W. Bush remains in a Houston hospital Thursday after being treated for bronchitis, his spokesman said.
Bush, 88, has been hospitalized at Houston's Methodist Hospital for six days because of a "lingering cough," spokesman Jim McGrath told CNN.
His family hopes he will be discharged by the weekend, McGrath said.
- A color-coded map of the world's most and least emotional countries.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: