|Click to listen to PODCAST
Call In, talk and/or Listen: (646) 929-2495
President Obama and John Boehner are at an impasse on the Fiscal Cliff negotiations. It seems like congressional Republicans are in the mood to defy Americans one more time.
While it is true that Republicans retained the house, it should be noted that they lost 8 seats and the popular vote. In other words, inasmuch as there are 33 more Republicans in the House than Democrats, more people actually voted for Democrats. Absent gerrymandering, the house would have switched. The Senate became more Democratic as well.
This was a decidedly left of center election throughout the country with several states legalizing marijuana and either supporting same sex marriage or defeating attempts to make it illegal. One would think that John Boehner would approach negotiations giving those realities with humility with the realization that the majority of the country is with the President.
Let us talk about how we can best influence action to ensure the irresponsible behavior of the House does not damage the working middle class. How should we exert our will on these politicians that are in fact our servants? Call the show let’s talk about it.
Following are a list of my blogs that will be probative.
Please call me at (646)929-2495 let us discuss these issues. I want to hear and discuss ALL points of views.
Listen And Chat Here at your computer or smartphone
Join My Coffee Party Group
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: