What if Barack Obama was a Daily Kos Moderator? What if he had no banhammer and every poster knew it? What if he could only cajole people to stop their pie fights or ask for public support against the pie fighting? What if the pie fighters could keep on pie fighting and initiating ludicrous rules for the site, which could become dkos law, and the only power that Moderator Obama had was the power to veto their ludicrous plans? What if the pie fighters, themselves, could not get rid of each other because all ratings were removed? What if Moderator Obama had plans for the site but needed the cooperation of the pie fighters? What if the only way to remove the pie fighters from the site was a vote every two or six years, depending on the pie fighter, in which the pie fighters' constituents--the ones screaming for more and more pie fights--would vote on whether to keep the same pie fighter or elect an even more energetic pie fighter? What if Barack Obama was a Daily Kos Moderator?
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: