You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as
is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
One diary daily maximum.
Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries
that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
1) McCain wants Hagel to confess: McCain rules, Hagel drools.
2) As a corollary, signing on to The Surge was the single towering achievement of John McCain's career - according to John McCain.
3) Every Senator with a southern accent really hates this black President's Sec Def nominee.
4) Every Senator with a southern accent is a Republican.
5) To be in the Republican mainstream, one must swear an oath of fealty to Israel that supersedes loyalty to New York or New Jersey, revere our nuclear arsenal as sacrosanct, and forswear diplomacy entirely.
6) Unlike Hagel, Calgary Cruz IS Senator of Israel.
7) Republicans are really, truly obsessed with Israel.
8) Saxby Chambliss is a RINO?
9) Israel, Israel, Israel.
10) Iran? ISRAEL!
Much of the commentary about Hagel's performance has centered on his perceived unpreparedness or lackluster performance. In my view, he played a rope-a-dope strategy that succeeded in demonstrating just how far off the rails this chicken hawk wing of the GOP really is, and how they must never be trusted to run our foreign policy. Anyways, we all know damn well that these hearings will hardly influence a single vote, no matter how commanding the defendant's performance.