During the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference, Steve Crowder laughed and joked,'What is this obsession with Ashley Judd and rape?'Okay. Let's see. Last year, former Republican Senate candidate, Todd Akin, makes a remark about a women's body being able to reject pregnancy if the rape is 'legitimate'.
Then, former Republican Senate candidate, Richard Mourdock, infers that a pregnancy from rape could be 'intended by God'.
The good news? They lost their senate races. And so did the former Republican presidential candidate, who continuously flip-flopped on women's issues. Me thinks we are seeing a pattern...And now we have Steve Crowder, a Fox News contributor, making fun of Ashely Judd and rape? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...Was Crowder referring to a comment the, 44-year old, Kentucky Senate hopeful, made about being raped twice? Or is that just Crowder's style? Given Judd's history and statements, I have no doubt she can handle the jokes, and is quite aware of the dirt that will be flying around during her campaign. But really, Steve Crowder - rape is funny to you?So, what's up (if that's possible) with these Republican men who think they can mock, and minimize rape? Do they think women are going to just, 'lie back and take it'?
Birth control access/availability becomes an issue in 2012? A radio host calls an unknown student a 'slut' and 'prostitute' --and is still on the air one year later. And now the Steubenville rape case questions whether a rape victim is 'legitimately raped', if she's unable to say no -- because she's unconscious. Wtf?
I'm not sure where to put these feelings of anger, so I'm writing, and I've become more proactive. This has to stop, or women are going unleash 'that wrath' like no one has seen before.What are women doing?
UniteWomen.org formed last year after the Rush Limbaugh's attack on Sandra Fluke: https://www.facebook.com/...
Fight Laws Against Women https://www.facebook.com/... popped up last year as well.
SLUTS/Daily Kos: http://www.dailykos.com/... has plenty to say...
And let's just say, One Million Pissed Off Women, are now - REALLY pissed. https://www.facebook.com/...For Help:
RAINN: National Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network: 1.800.656.HOPE http://www.rainn.org
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: