Sometimes I am reluctant to embed YouTube videos in the diaries because ... they take a bit of time. Sometimes they include terrific messages. But even so, it is a step that diary guests have to take in order to engage with the subject matter of the diary. It’s one thing if the videos are entertainment. If people like music and humor, they don’t mind clicking the links, loading and then watching the videos. What about for political purpose? Do you click YouTube videos in diaries?
More below! But, first, a word from our sponsor ...
|Top Comments recognizes the previous day's Top Mojo and strives to promote each day's outstanding comments through nominations made by Kossacks like you. Please send comments (before 9:30pm ET) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by our KosMail message board. Just click on the Spinning Top to make a submission. Look for the Spinning Top to pop up in diaries around Daily Kos.
Make sure that you include the direct link to the comment (the URL), which is available by clicking on that comment's date/time. Please let us know your Daily Kos user name if you use email so we can credit you properly. If you send a writeup with the link, we can include that as well. The diarist reserves the right to edit all content.
Please come in. You're invited to make yourself at home! Join us beneath the fleur de kos...
This diary is different. I made the 'call' to include the video this time. Watching the video is important to the point of the diary. Please take nine seconds and watch this one.
For those of you who chose to pass it by, it is a video of a very young puppy being taught to ‘catch,’ by his human 'pack leaders.' He is not successful ... in actually making the catch. But he gives a magical effort. He CARES to achieve this for his family. He gives all he has for the purpose.
‘Okay, BeninSC. So what? What does that have to do with the dialogue on a political blog?’
Well, I find it interesting, because this puppy cares more about learning to catch than Republicans do about governing, about accomplishing something for our people and our country. And he comes closer to succeeding than they do to HELPING with the governance of this country. He works HARDER at making the catch than all Republicans in all of Congress do to make our country better, more successful. He isn’t selfish, he isn’t self-serving, he isn’t small-minded, ornery, hypocritical, dishonest, intransigent, bigoted, discriminatory ...
Republicans could learn a great deal from this fine young fellow. I applaud his brave, game spirit, and I hope you do too!
On to tonight's comments!
Much has been said about the twin terrors, Liz and Dick Cheney. But caul's comment eloquently points out the underlying foundation of their hatefulness.
When Dahankster fretted over whether or not gay spouses will be issued to heterosexuals when marriage equality becomes the law of the land, commonmass spelled out the rules.
From BeninSC:Top Mojo, courtesy of mik!
This comment by ShoshannaD satirically describes the hazards of allowing grandparents to play a role in raising children!
1) Well... by RichM — 113Top Pictures, courtesy of jotter!
2) I'd Go Back to Gays Having Rights. by Gooserock — 108
3) Too bad they're not directed to look at by Puddytat — 101
4) Dude, that is cruel! by antooo — 91
5) What did I write that was "dishonest"? by Mother Mags — 88
6) In His 08 Campaign He Repeatedly Said SS Was In by Gooserock — 87
7) Well this gay dude... by vacantlook — 86
8) Yup, we've got a Shooter in the legislature and by Mother Mags — 79
9) Liberals ahead of the curve. by One Pissed Off Liberal — 76
10) And Biden and Reid by joanneleon — 75
11) BTW, Cold Dead Hand is genius work. by zenbassoon — 74
12) He also mentioned during the debates that he by 714day — 74
13) True, Too! ;) by JekyllnHyde — 71
14) I hate fucking chiggers by Empty Vessel — 70
15) He was a responsible gun owner by Words In Action — 70
16) As Jonathan Swift said, by yashko — 70
17) Republicans are moving from by Jeff Y — 70
18) Good. Let's bring it on! /nt by jan4insight — 68
19) Tipped and rec'd. by bubbajim — 66
20) Oh, another internet tough guy. by Bob Johnson — 65
21) I like "giant culture fart." by psnyder — 64
22) That's the man I voted for! by Eileen B — 62
23) And sometimes the real heroes are those left by cactusgal — 60
24) Some people ARE surprised. Among them... by Meteor Blades — 59
25) One Thing Needs to Be Said: The Upcoming Election by Gooserock — 57
26) Republicans Slash, While Democrats Merely Cut. nt by Aspe4 — 54
27) And then he said by lunachickie — 53
28) Wow. by slksfca — 53
29) You think Cheney sounds nuts by jsfox — 54
30) Excellent point. And gives right to stone to death by Kombema — 53
31) Nailed it! n/t by sjburnman — 53
32) My husband by Kristina40 — 53