You can sign Braley's petition here:Unless Congress takes action, interest rates on student loans will skyrocket - doubling on July 1st. With your help, I know we can stop this from happening.
It’s simply unacceptable to increase rates on the millions of students and middle class families who depend on student loans to pay for their education. That’s why I am proud to introduce the Student Loan Affordability Act, which will keep rates low for the next two years. This is a common-sense bill that will go a long way towards keeping college within reach for more Iowa students.
Will you join me? Click here to add your name to the Student Loan Affordability Act as a citizen co-sponsor:
Did you know that Iowa's college graduates have one of the highest debt loads in the nation? If Congress lets interest rates double, we’re piling thousands of dollars more onto Iowa students as they graduate college and begin their careers.
This issue is too important for Congress to ignore. That’s why we must take action now.
Join me by becoming a citizen co-sponsor of the bill today and tell Congress to keep college affordable:
By adding your support to the bill, we’ll make sure Congress gets the message and takes action before it’s too late.
Thanks for standing with us.
PS: If you think piling thousands of dollars more onto the backs of college graduates is unacceptable, we need your help today. Can you add your name to the Student Loan Affordability Act as a citizen co-sponsor?
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: