I'm trying to make sense of this Chained CPI proposal from President Obama. Maybe I just don't want to believe what my eyes are telling me.
Here's what is playing out in my head along with Elvis is really still alive.
- PBO offers to cut Social Security and has the luxury of never needing to campaign for office again.
- The entire country knows about it immediately. Newscast, Newspapers & Internet sites across the country use it as the lead story. Try to find 1 senior citizen who hasn't heard about it.
- Most of the country gets really pissed off.
- The country starts to focus like a laser on the proposal and wants to know who is going to protect them from these cuts and this President. Republican constituents never need much of an excuse for some good ole Obama bashing.
- Republicans in congress praise the cuts as a good start but still need more. (Democrats make sure and get it on video)
- Democrats make LOTS OF NOISE and fight like crazy to stop the cuts and trash those vile Republicans for forcing them on the country.
- Republicans and Democrats hold town halls. Remember the rowdy 2010 town halls. Republicans get screamed at while Democrats even propose raising benefits?
- Midterm election time.
- Democrats pull out video tapes. Play them over and over and over and over...
- Country finally sees Democrats are the ones standing up for them and Republicans protecting Wall Street etc... at all costs.
- Republicans in congress become extinct.