Today Kos said, “Again, the federal government will and should absolutely lend resources to the town's recovery.” This is nonsense given the desires of the people in the State of Texas. Texas has made its position entirely clear. Both Texas senators and 23 of the 36 Texas representatives think the government should not provide aid to the states for disaster relief. Representative Flores who was elected by 80 percent of the people in the district where the Texas disaster struck voted no to the federal government providing relief aid for hurricane Sandy. We should not force them to take aid from the federal government when they are against this act. I have not heard one Texas senator or representative say one word about their vote against Sandy relief being a mistake. It is unconscionable for us to give away money to people who will only spit in our faces because we give away money while thinking that is the right thing to do. It is not the right thing to give money to Texas. I have written my two Democratic senators and my Democratic representative and asked them to vote Nay on any relief bill for Texas. Hopefully, you will contact your senators and representative to express whether or not to give relief aid to Texas.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: