When a Lobbyist lies in the Forest -- Does anyone heard it?
If you're close enough to see the deception, you do ...
by Carra Higgins, Register-Herald Reporter -- April 19, 2013
The National Rifle Association’s words used to oppose the amendment for gun control legislation in the U.S. Senate are “a bald-face lie,” U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., told state media Thursday afternoon via telephone conference.
Manchin says those who have read the proposed legislation, which was defeated Wednesday, understand that it does not take away gun owner rights and he is hopeful individuals will educate themselves about the bill.
“The facts set you free,” Manchin commented.
Instead of the NRA providing the public with information about the amendment they know is “wrong,” Manchin said he would rather the organization simply say they oppose the bill and less government. [...]
Manchin said the NRA has told people that their rights to give guns as gifts to friends and family or to buy or sell with friends and neighbors will be restricted. Manchin said that’s simply not true. He explained that if a person lists a gun on the Internet, they would have to proceed with a background check of the buyer; however, an online sale to a friend or neighbor doesn’t make much sense.
Also, Manchin’s co-sponsored amendment specifically states that a gun registry cannot be created and anyone attempting to do so will be charged with a felony and penalized with a prison sentence and/or fine. The NRA has said further gun control legislation would eventually lead to a national gun registry.
Should be all the rage in Punditville, doncha think?
"NRA Lies to Protect Second Amendment Absolutism"
Hah, What was I thinking?
Those things don't matter anymore ... in today's bought-and-paid-for US Congress.
"Thou shall not Lie about what is actually in the Bill, before speaking about it ..."-- signed The American People
Of course the NRA has never said they give We The People (or what the majority of us want) that much credence.
(Unless were already committed customers of course.)
Legislation protects Americans’ Second Amendment rights
Press Release -- Apr 10 2013
Joe Manchin, US Senator, West Virgina
The Public Safety and Second Amendment Rights Protection Act will not:
• The bill will not, in any way, shape, or form infringe upon anyone’s Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms.
• The bill will not take away anyone’s guns.
• The bill will not ban any type of firearm.
• The bill will not ban or restrict the use of any kind of bullet or any size clip or magazine.
• The bill will not create a national registry; in fact, it explicitly prohibits it.
Here's the proposed Public Safety Bill -- that the NRA despises, that the NRA saw fit to flat out LIE about.
It does not create Gun Registry -- just the opposite in fact.
It does not limit the gift or sale of guns between friends, family and neighbors, either.
Despite what the paid NRA fear-mongers have claimed. Ooops.
News from US Senator for West Virgina -- Joe Manchin III
Our bill does three major things:
1) expands the existing background check system to cover commercial sales, including sales at gun shows and internet sales;
2) strengthens the existing instant check system by encouraging states to put all their available records into the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS);
3) establishes a National Commission on Mass Violence to study in-depth all the causes of mass violence in our country.
[...]1. Leveling the playing field for gun sales: [...]
2. Getting all the names of prohibited purchasers into the background check system [...]
3. Establishes a National Commission on Mass Violence [...]
Yet the NRA still doesn't like it -- because ?
Well the NRA doesn't have to give us a reason -- because They Are the NRA.
What They say GOES!
Move over First Amendment -- pretty soon the NRA will be gunning for you too.
Facts -- Schmacts! Who needs Facts when they got a huge Media Mic, and Bullets,
-- and the Free Press to tread upon, however they may see fit?
Freedom is what the NRA stays it is. Move over kids. Move over Marathoners ...
The NRA has Spoken! ... And they say:
"We need to Arm EVERYONE."™[Note: "Trade-marked Facts"™ may or may not be necessarily true. So buyers beware™.]