You can click here to sign Shaheen's petition:If Congress doesn’t act before July 1, soon-to-be and recent graduates will face an unacceptable increase on their federal student loan interest rates.
Rates will rise from 3.4% to 6.8% at a time when New Hampshire has the highest average student loan debt. This would impose an unfair burden on graduates already struggling to pay down debt.
Higher education – from vocational training to Ph.D. programs – is essential to prepare students for a competitive, global economy. Now is not the time to make their educational investment even more expensive.With college costs already too high for too many, Senators Kay Hagan, Debbie Stabenow and I are fighting to block this rate hike. But we need to hear your voice on the Senate floor. Please send a clear message to Congress: stop the federal student loan interest rate hike.
Click here to demand that Congress prevent the federal student loan interest rate from doubling on July 1st:
Nationwide, student loan debt has now exceeded $1 trillion, more than any other kind of debt. Here in New Hampshire, the average recent college graduate owes more than $30,000.
The massive impending federal student loan rate hike would make it worse. That’s why I need you to sign this petition demanding that Congress block the rate hike.
Click here to urge Congress to oppose raising the federal student loan interest rate to 6.8%:
Thanks for all your support,
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: