You can sign Graves' petition here:This is a critical and urgent moment in the battle for marriage equality.
Last year, when a vocal minority tried to ban same-sex marriage using language originally introduced by Michele Bachmann, we in Minnesota stood strong and said no. Tomorrow, our legislature can say yes – yes to freedom to marry, and yes to equality for all.
A majority of Minnesotans now favors marriage equality. Momentum is on our side, but opponents aren’t letting up. To achieve full equality, our representatives in St. Paul must hear our voices.
We can’t let this opportunity slip away. That’s why I’m asking you to join me to send a message: pass marriage equality now.
We need your help right now. Click here to sign our petition: tell your state legislators to support the freedom to marry:
Marriage equality would support all families by giving couples, regardless of their sexual orientation, the freedom to marry.
Minnesota has already voted against a constitutional ban. The legislature votes tomorrow. Now is our moment to show that marriage is about love and commitment.
Please join us in sending a message to St. Paul: it’s time to support marriage equality:
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: