“I will say this about John Boehner, and I have a good relationship with him,” Pelosi, now the House minority leader, said on Monday on MSNBC’s “All In With Chris Hayes.” “If he were a woman, they’d be calling him the weakest speaker in history.” [...]Yup, true. For all his ineffectiveness, Boehner is getting the benefit of the doubt from the media on two fronts: He's a man, and he's a Republican. He doesn't get questioned and sniped about in the myriad ways Pelosi endured as speaker, and it should be said. Because, damn, Boehner is a bumbling loser, yet next time Pelosi—or another Democratic woman—is speaker, she's going to be treated as the weak one. So go, Nancy. Let's get it on the record right now.
“You know what, if a woman was speaker and nothing was happening in this way, they’d say, ‘Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh,’” Pelosi said. “I’m just getting a little, shall we say, tired of some of the ways they take a pass on some things and not on others. We get criticized for accomplishing things. They don’t get criticized for not accomplishing things.”
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: