You can sign Takano's petition here:As a high school teacher, this time of year has always been bittersweet for me. The school year is wrapping up, books are being turned in, lockers cleaned out, and California's high school seniors are getting ready to move on to the next step of their education.
Seeing the potential of so many young adults, I am mixed with optimism and concern. These outstanding individuals can accomplish so much, yet the reality is that they will be faced with crushing student loan debt when they graduate from college. In fact, on July 1st, student loan rates will double from 3.4% to 6.8% if Congress does not act.
Will you add your name to mine and demand that these rates do not increase?
Every American deserves the chance to go to college. But, the high cost of student loans means that far too many aspiring young people can no longer afford an education after high school.
Tell Congress that Inland Empire students deserve fair loans. We owe it to the future of our country.
- Mr. Takano
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: