You can sign Maloney's petition here:Take Action Now! Join us and tell Congress: College costs enough NO to student loan hikes. Sign now:
My son is working on his college education. My girls will be there before I know it. So I don’t need to tell you: it’s expensive.
Every parent wants his or her child to have a great education – an opportunity to succeed. But that’s becoming more difficult for families to afford, and it’s things like this that keep parents up at night.
That’s why it would be unconscionable for Congress to allow interest rates on federal student loans to increase. But if Congress fails to act before July 1, the rates will double... Double!
Click here to join a few of my colleagues and me – help us tell Congress: College costs enough - NO to student loan hikes:New York families can’t afford it, plain and simple. If we don’t act immediately, a college education will slip out of reach for many students. That’s totally unacceptable. We must act – now.
Quality education fuels our economy. Refusing to invest in education is horribly shortsighted and ultimately bad for economic growth.
We should be making it easier to send kids to college – not harder. But if interest on federal loans doubles, 422,000 New Yorkers will see their loan payments soar.
This can’t happen. If you stand with us today – so we can show our opponents in Congress that the public stands with us – then we will stop it.
Sign here. Tell Congress to stop student loan rates from soaring:
Your voice will make a huge difference for families everywhere. Thank you for your passion and commitment.
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: