How many times do we need to see this movie before we get it through our thick skulls that the ending always sucks.
These wars are just like those old D-Con roach motels.
We check in, but we never check out.
But wait, not so fast, maybe this is the one where John McCain finally reveals his secret plan about how to win wars.
It's probably something secretly brilliant like arming the rebels.
Wow, John, thanks, I couldn't have thought of that. Glad you're on our side.
So lets take an inventory of what we're dealing with here.
1) Russia, check
2) Sunnis, Shias, Alawites, check
2) Hezbollah, check
3) Chemical weapons used against their own people, check
4) Assorted and Sundry "freedom fighters" of unknown origin, check
5) Ongoing 2 year civil war, check
So fucking awesome, how can we resist?
1) Send in the Red Cross and humanitarian aid.
Let Russia figure out the rest, it's their turn. I'm sure they're itching to give
it another try, remember they did almost as well as we did in Afghanistan back in the eighties.
Spend the money we save on the people in this country.
Let the Neocon freakout begin.