I'm not sure what prompted me to open this story in Huffington Post, or what made me watch the video, or what's making me write about it now, other that it gives me this odd sense that we, as living creatures in this world, are all connected.
For a dog to come upon a little dead puppy and feel the need to bury the pup, completely; why? What was the dog trying to say? Was it trying to trying to somehow protect the puppy? Or was this some way of mourning for, or dignifying, another animal - one of its own? I'm not sure. I am sure it warmed my heart, and these are the things I want to see and feel in my life as I plow through some of the grime. These are the things that remind me of my own minuteness, and replenish my desire to seek the understanding of what love is - and what life is, as I carry on.
After the dog walked away, as if to say, "My work here is done," I could have done without the ending. The first two minutes are all one needs to 'get it'.
<Added: PBS Excerpt - The Emotional Lives Of Animals
This is only a Preview!
You must Publish this diary to make this visible to the public,
or click 'Edit Diary' to make further changes first.
Posting a Diary Entry
Daily Kos welcomes blog articles from readers, known as diaries. The Intro section to a diary should be about three paragraphs long, and is required. The body section is optional, as is the poll, which can have 1 to 15 choices. Descriptive tags are also required to help others find your diary by subject; please don't use "cute" tags.
When you're ready, scroll down below the tags and click Save & Preview. You can edit your diary after it's published by clicking Edit Diary. Polls cannot be edited once they are published.
If this is your first time creating a Diary since the Ajax upgrade, before you enter any text below, please press Ctrl-F5 and then hold down the Shift Key and press your browser's Reload button to refresh its cache with the new script files.
ATTENTION: READ THE RULES.
- One diary daily maximum.
- Substantive diaries only. If you don't have at least three solid, original paragraphs, you should probably post a comment in an Open Thread.
- No repetitive diaries. Take a moment to ensure your topic hasn't been blogged (you can search for Stories and Diaries that already cover this topic), though fresh original analysis is always welcome.
- Use the "Body" textbox if your diary entry is longer than three paragraphs.
- Any images in your posts must be hosted by an approved image hosting service (one of: imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr.com, smugmug.com, allyoucanupload.com, picturetrail.com, mac.com, webshots.com, editgrid.com).
- Copying and pasting entire copyrighted works is prohibited. If you do quote something, keep it brief, always provide a link to the original source, and use the <blockquote> tags to clearly identify the quoted material. Violating this rule is grounds for immediate banning.
- Be civil. Do not "call out" other users by name in diary titles. Do not use profanity in diary titles. Don't write diaries whose main purpose is to deliberately inflame.
Please begin with an informative title: